Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retroactive redundancy

Options
  • 25-02-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

I left my previous job at the beginning of January and started a new one. However I'm finding it very difficult to get my last month's pay (i.e. from December 2014) from my previous employer. Basically he's pleading the poor mouth, and it's looking now like they are going out of business and won't be able to pay.

This leaves me in a very difficult position as I had to borrow money just to make it through January and bills were left unpaid so I'm constantly a month behind.

I was wondering if this can be done:
    1. Have him declare me "redundant" as of the beginning of December. Effectively this is what happened (even though I did work during December he couldn't pay me.)

2. I then apply for direct payment of the statury minimum from the Social Insurance Fund as outlined on this page: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/redundancy/redundancy_payments.html, "Employer's insolvency" section.

Comments

Advertisement