Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE anytime balancing statement gone wrong?

Options
  • 25-02-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I was emergency taxed in the last month of the year because I changed employer so I wanted to claim it back.
    I requested a p21 balancing statement for the year through PAYE Anytime and I also tried to claim tax back for 2013.

A few days afterwards I logged back into PAYE anytime and found that the overpayment was (offset against PAYE 2013)

When I checked my other request it said that I under payed by around 1649.95.

I went to that year and instead of having a PAYE tax credit of 1650 and a personal tax credit of 1650 I just have a Personal Tax credit of 1650. Its the same situation for 2012 but for 2011, 2014 and 2015 I have both (PAYE tax credit of 1650 and a personal tax credit of 1650)

Is this a mistake in the system or could there be a reason I don't qualify for the PAYE tax credit for those years?
    The P60 that my employer provided has my credits as 3300 for 2012 and 2013 so why has this happened?

Hopefully I'll have the time to ring them tomorrow, but if anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

skugg wrote: »
    Hello,

I was emergency taxed in the last month of the year because I changed employer so I wanted to claim it back.
    I requested a p21 balancing statement for the year through PAYE Anytime anr d I also tried to claim tax back for 2013.

A few days afterwards I logged back into PAYE anytime and found that the overpayment was (offset against PAYE 2013)

When I checked my other request it said that I under payed by around 1649.95.

I went to that year and instead of having a PAYE tax credit of 1650 and a personal tax credit of 1650 I just have a Personal Tax credit of 1650. Its the same situation for 2012 but for 2011, 2014 and 2015 I have both (PAYE tax credit of 1650 and a personal tax credit of 1650)

Is this a mistake in the system or could there be a reason I don't qualify for the PAYE tax credit for those years?
    The P60 that my employer provided has my credits as 3300 for 2012 and 2013 so why has this happened?

Hopefully I'll have the time to ring them tomorrow, but if anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

You can add it yourself by clicking into the 2013 and adding the missing paye credit yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 skugg

Hi relax carry on, thanks for your help.
    I tried to do that but the system kept hanging. I spoke to revenue and they sorted it while I was on the phone. The lady I spoke to checked the other years and found I was due money for 2 other years as well. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

skugg wrote: »
    Hi relax carry on, thanks for your help.
    I tried to do that but the system kept hanging. I spoke to revenue and they sorted it while I was on the phone. The lady I spoke to checked the other years and found I was due money for 2 other years as well. Woohoo!

Love when that happens.

Advertisement