Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOUGH MUDDER FIRST TIME HELP/ADVICE

Options
  • 25-02-2015 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Hey guys myself and a few friends were thinking of doing this during the summer when it comes to Ireland,
    just out of curiosity and people who have done it would I be able to complete it?
    I've never done a race like this before but my fitness level would be a decent enough standard I play senior club football,Often do 6 mile runs,done several 5ks,do a good bit of cycling and swimming and can pull myself up and would be a good climber.
    I know it's completely different sort of thing but just to give yee an idea on my fitness level /stature
    I'm 5'9 and a little over 11 and a half stone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

If your not on a specific Tough Mudder train plan by now there is absolutely no point in you signing up for the event. However if you follow the below and don't miss one single day you may have a chance of finishing the insanely hard event.

• Monday – 5 hour swim
    • Tuesday – 7 hour cycle
    • Wednesday - 4 hour Strength training
    • Thursday – 1.45 to 2.30 min. run
    • Friday – 4 hour swim
    • Saturday – 120 min. run
    • Sunday – 4 to 6 hour cycle

Or you could just turn up on the day and be grand....your choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I think the advice you're getting is to not dwell too much on how difficult this event is because it's fairly lightweight. The tough mudder franchise along with the local equivalents Hell & Back and some such are largely aimed to a degree at the same audience as Operation Transformation, and if you can jog at all, climb a few obstacles, and generally sustain a half hour of reasonably brisk exercise you will be well able for Tough Mudder.

No harm in doing some training as it will have other benefits, but really you won't need to stretch yourself to get around the course and from what you have shared I'd be fairly confident you could do this tomorrow if you had to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kettlebelljim

You'll be grand! Did it last year and will be going again this year. Be tougher this year as it is more team oriented but should be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

I literally did one month of exercise for tough mudder last year (prior to that I hadn't exercised in about a year) and completed it no bother. Probably should have done some more running before the event and I couldn't do 1 pull up.

It can be done without any exercise but I wouldn't recommend. Getting through some obstacles after doing some exercise for it made it an accomplishment.

Get friends to do it with you and agree to stick together. That's what I did with some friends and it was enjoyable and I'd do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Addison Moldy Stabilizer

i did it last year the biggest things for me where running and the ability to lift your own body (pull ups as opposed to chin ups) if you can do both of them you will be grand imo. if you do get stuck on an obstacle people will help you with most of them but its nice to be able to do them by yourself and then help others

• Advertisement
Advertisement