Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to upgrade my vaporiser

Options
  • 25-02-2015 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

I bought I simple phoenix vaporiser 1+ years ago, I haven't touched a real cig since that day, but I want a "better" vaporiser. My main complaint is that I don't get a real good drag from the phoenix and I'm having to change the clearomizer every few weeks. So has anyone got any recommendations for an upgrade? My main requirements are Price and the cost of replacement parts if they are necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What's your budget roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's probably the obvious suggestion these days, but an iStick 20w + mini nautilus would be a good upgrade. It's a popular combination, because it works! Not expensive either, you're looking at about €60 total there, but it'll last you a long time. The vape will be much better, juices taste better etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

It's probably the obvious suggestion these days, but an iStick 20w + mini nautilus would be a good upgrade. It's a popular combination, because it works! Not expensive either, you're looking at about €60 total there, but it'll last you a long time. The vape will be much better, juices taste better etc ...

Howdy,
    I use the iStick with an iClear 30s - keeps me happy. You think the Nautilus might be better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Howdy,
    I use the iStick with an iClear 30s - keeps me happy. You think the Nautilus might be better ?

The nautilus is probably the top clearo atm and is definitely the most recommended *.

*Disclaimer : This is excluding the more advanced tanks , like Atlantic, Subtank etc .

Howdy,

I use iClear 30s tanks too :) they're pretty good. I mostly use them on the side for other flavours. I find them alright, but the draw is very tight - not airy enough for me with some juices I find. My gf uses that combination all the time now, since I got her an iStick. She loves it. She prefers to stay low on the watts mostly, in around 8-9w

For me, I would prefer the Nautilus, I have both the standard 5ml one, and a mini. I suggest the mini for the 20w stick, because it's a much neater fit. With the newer coils, I think the nautilus mini gives a better, less 'tight' vape, and can be pushed that bit more, in terms of watts/volts, without any burnt hits. Also you get adjustable air-flow. If you're happy with the iClear though, that's what matters :)

Atm I'm trying an Atlantis, and find it so good my Nautilus will become the spare :D I guess I just really love an airy vape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I'd get the istick 30w over the 20w because of the threading being stainless steel, the 20w are nickel or something and people have had theirs wear awat leaving an unusable device. Also, sorry to confuse the issue because it'd be handier if the advice was more consistent. But if funds are an issue, the eleaf GS air tank is a very similar vaping experience to the nautilus mini and it's only a tenner, vs the nautilus mini being about 25. The coils are 2 euro vs the nautilus mini being 2.50. The only downside is the airflow is adjusted by screwdriver rather than twisting. It's specially made for the iStick too, so can handle up to 20W without giving dry hits.

I was going to get the 30w - it would be more than enough for my general vape needs. Got the 50 more so because of the extra battery life, and it just feels a bit better in hand for me. I also wanted to try out some of the new sub ohm tanks. But if that doesn't interest you, sure, the 20w is perfect :)

Must check the missus' 20w, for the threads. I do remember something about that, she said she's being careful to just ease a tank on, let it slip into the threads gently starting off, because they're supposedly weak. I wrung out one of my Vamos by over tightening tanks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I ordered the 30 from FT and it took so long to get to me that I ordered a 50w the day it came out. Was going to sell the 30w but decided to keep it as a backup. I agree, the 50w is better in the hand, the 30w is better in the pocket. Build quality of the 50w is leaps and bounds ahead.

If I had the 20w I would use the ego adapter that came with it and pop a "beauty ring" or "plinth" around it. That way you'd only have to remove the tank from the adapter and the threads would get less action.

Good idea! I got one of the ego adapters with the 50w too, and was thinking "I'll never use an evod type tank on this!" but that is an option if you were worried about the threads, and had a beauty ring - which I have a handful of here :D you do collect them over time. I think I got one with the Nautilus even

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

The GSair clearos from eleaf are nearly as good as the Nautilus and less than/nearly half the price (€10 from vaperus and €12.50 from Purplebox in Temple Bar).

• Advertisement
Advertisement