Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclubs 1 March

Options
  • 25-02-2015 11:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Any takers for this? One of the toughest races about, 12km cross country , on in Down this year... sadly I am not in the shape to run it and the race itself seems in decline numbers wise- I guess Raheny /DSD/Clonliffe will battle it out? Have great memories of running in the likes of Queens a few years back on a real tester of a course

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

I've only ever raced the Senior Clubs once and it was as tough as everybody said. I really enjoyed it though and some day I'll do it again.

I doubt it will ever compare to our neighbours equivalent though. Last year 71 men finished the Irish Inter Clubs race. Last weekend over 2000 men finished the English championships!

Have a read of this: The-greatest-running-race-you-have-never-heard-of

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Not running myself but might go up to spectate. 12k cross country is a tough ask even for the hardiest of runners. Will do it someday though. Decent fields entered in it, I remember stewarding in Dundalk last year and the numbers in the junior races were particularly disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Same as PConn, it's on my list of races to do - probably not for another couple of years though.

Looking at the entry list, it might be a bit optimistic - not sure everyone's going to make it to the start line!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Preview here.. Good to see Mark Kenneally listed hope he runs could be a good battle with the Claw and O Neill .Clonliffe to win team ?! http://www.herald.ie/sport/other-sports/days-of-mud-and-thunder-at-the-nationals-31019425.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Yeah Clonliffe look the favourites. A very deep team if everyone starts. Great to see Mark back. He had a very solid run last week up in Armagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Top 3 women:

1st: Maria McCambridge
    2nd: Sarah Mulligan
    3rd: Michelle McGee

Top 3 men

1st: Mick Clohissey
    2nd: Sergiu Ciobanu
    3rd: Brendan O'Niell

Advertisement