Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Today's Biking Pet Peeve

• 25-02-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

To the lad who left a big pissy streak of fuel all the way from Barberstown to Lucan through Celbridge:

Thanks for splitting the lane in half, and I hope you like putting Mr. Topaz's kids through college.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Very annoying, nothing worse than when you're in a bend or on a roundabout and you notice fuel patches on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

What is it that causes it, does fuel come out of exhausts or is it actually leaking out of peoples tanks/fuel lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

rowanh wrote: »
    What is it that causes it, does fuel come out of exhausts or is it actually leaking out of peoples tanks/fuel lines?
    Could be anything, Busted sump from speedramps, Not refitting fuel cap.
    Leaking fuel tank. Literally anything.
    Petrol isn't that bad as it evaporates but diesel and engine oil provides little warning of entering the overturn mode.
    Use all your senses, smell can warn you before you encounter it.
    Slurry on a road is also bad to find...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Not sure if wet roads make a difference or make it easier to see, but when they're wet, diesel spills seem to be way more slippy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Just today's pet peeve? Feckin oil slicks feel a weekly occurance to me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Wossack wrote: »
    Just today's pet peeve? Feckin oil slicks feel a weekly occurance to me :(

Well, I'm sure something else will be the pet peeve next week :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Slurry on a road is also bad to find...

That our patchs of wet leaves etc. Might as well be riding over Ice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Not sure if wet roads make a difference or make it easier to see, but when they're wet, diesel spills seem to be way more slippy.

Diesel floats on top of water.
    So, when it rains, the water 'lifts' the diesel and makes it more slippy.

It depends on the density of the liquid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

P.C. wrote: »
    Diesel floats on top of water.
    So, when it rains, the water 'lifts' the diesel and makes it more slippy.

It depends on the density of the liquid.

Stood on some diesel last week at a petrol station without realising it until coming into the first bend when foot slipped off the peg!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

nothing worse.........Massive snail trail of Diesel all in the centre of the lane from Fairview to Northstrand heading towrard city Centre. I mean this is so big im surprised what ever was leaking it actually made it that far, safer to stay in the bus lane IMO travelling that stretch of road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Problem then is that too many buses are on the leaky side too.

Today's peeve for me - it seemed every halfwit in Ireland was out this evening, random lane changing without looking, driving at 15-20MPH for no reason, random braking, pulling a right turn into an entrace across a lane of traffic without looking, then jamming on the brakes with a shocked look on her face that there could possibly be someone (me) coming out of the single lane entrance she was going into. :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Absolute caution is required when you pass diesel on the road.

Car drivers don't even see it so are up your ass on a bend wondering why you're taking in sneasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Motherfúckers that pull straight into your lane & then indicate...WTF?? :mad:

Advertisement