Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange your own property auction?

Options
  • 25-02-2015 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi, we have a property for sale online with daft.ie and donedeal etc, its a private sale . we thought we had sold it last year only after weeks of waiting for the (cash buyer ) to be refused finance . we have had a good response this time round and lots of offers and also lots of time wasters . we have the contract at our solictors with all searches/planning /title etc all complete and ready to go, at auction this is known as the legal pack . to sell at an auction costs around €2000 + the sellers commision so i think a minium charge of around €5000 +. can you arrange an online auction your self ? following a similar format to the reconised auction houses ie allsops /iamsold .any views welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

stevew123 wrote: »
    hi, we have a property for sale online with daft.ie and donedeal etc, its a private sale . we thought we had sold it last year only after weeks of waiting for the (cash buyer ) to be refused finance . we have had a good response this time round and lots of offers and also lots of time wasters . we have the contract at our solictors with all searches/planning /title etc all complete and ready to go, at auction this is known as the legal pack . to sell at an auction costs around €2000 + the sellers commision so i think a minium charge of around €5000 +. can you arrange an online auction your self ? following a similar format to the reconised auction houses ie allsops /iamsold .any views welcome

i guess maybe on ebay. But your been a penny wise and a pound foolish. You wont attract the bidders or confidence bidders would have in allsop etc. Therefore you will get a lower price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Cash buyers waiting for finance is an oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cash buyers waiting for finance is an oxymoron.

And a sales agent would have sussed that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Would you not use an estate agent. Although you think you are savings a few thousand doing it yourself. An Estate agent generally has a list of people waiting a particular property type. Plus an agent will maximise the sales price.I only know a handful of privates in my area for the last 20 years and even though the house was priced too cheaply. My parents didnt feel comfortable dealing with an average joe selling his house.

An auction is only really good for high value housing traditionally. I dont think your house will get a good enough online reach to get a decent price online

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's just possible you would need an auctioneer's licence to hold an auction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement