Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow efibre speeds

Options
  • 25-02-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have efibre and was told my line was capable of speeds up to 25meg.
    Most the time my WiFi is only half that and I'm constantly having to restart my router where it speeds up for a while but eventually slows to a crawl again.
    I already spoke to the tech support who logged in and made changes which included changing channel.
    This only helps temporarily and always slows down again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gabe1977 wrote: »
    I have efibre and was told my line was capable of speeds up to 25meg.
    Most the time my WiFi is only half that and I'm constantly having to restart my router where it speeds up for a while but eventually slows to a crawl again.
    I already spoke to the tech support who logged in and made changes which included changing channel.
    This only helps temporarily and always slows down again
    Hi gabe1977

Very sorry to hear this, please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Cheers

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I am paying for 'up to 70mb efibre', but at best am getting 14.44mb download speed when I run test by plugging direct into modem. Actual download speed never goes over 2mb. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I am paying for 'up to 70mb efibre', but at best am getting 14.44mb download speed when I run test by plugging direct into modem. Actual download speed never goes over 2mb. 
    Sorry to hear this CarrickMcJoe

Feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll run some tests

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement