Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absorbent Minds or Dundrum Naoinra?

Options
  • 25-02-2015 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi all

Living in Ballinteer. We are sending our first to Montessori or play school in September.

Has anyone any opinions or info on the two places we have narrowed it down to?

They are absorbent minds in Woodpark, Ballinteer. Or Dundrum Naoinra which is operating out of Ballinteer St. Johns GAA club.

Thanks for any info.

Mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Also
    What's the difference?
    What are the pros and cons of either?
    Any opinions welcome.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:
    Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Don't have direct experience of either of those. Ours had good experiences in http://www.ballinteermontessorischool.ie/ though some of the staff have changed since our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

mickydcork wrote: »
    Hi all

Living in Ballinteer. We are sending our first to Montessori or play school in September.

Has anyone any opinions or info on the two places we have narrowed it down to?

They are absorbent minds in Woodpark, Ballinteer. Or Dundrum Naoinra which is operating out of Ballinteer St. Johns GAA club.

Thanks for any info.

Mick

Don't know either but I have been looking into montessori for September, not doing ECCE until September 2016, but none had space for this September! So if you are interested I'd look now, I know demand is different in different areas

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RetailChick

I cannot recommend Absorbent Minds highly enough.

My son started in Montessori there over 4 years ago and when he started Junior Infants he continued on in the after school care. Even though his after school activities now mean he doesn't go anymore he is still friends with lots of boys from Absorbent Minds. My daughter is in pre Montessori now and is the happiest, most confident little thing. She runs into her class each morning with hardly a backward glance to me! She has made lovely little friends and she loves her "teachers"! Her speech is excellent. I have always found the staff to be kind, helpful and accommodating.

I hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement