Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading my fly rod

Options
  • 25-02-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi lads
    I want to upgrade my 9' 6" 6wt shakespeare agility fly rod.my budget is around €150.im only realy going to be using the rod for streamer and wet fly fishing as i have a 9' 4wt greys streamflex that I use for dry fly.i only want it for rivers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I have being using a 7/8 at daiwa whisker last few weeks a cracking rod and can be got well in your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Orano777

Thanks for the reply.do you think that rod would be suitable for small to medium size river where the trout can go up to about 3lbs as I was thinking of something around 6-7 wt

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I will be using mine for mainly sea trout on the river blackwater so it might be a touch heavy for what you want but they might do a 6/7 rod also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If the trout max at 3lb a 5# would be more than sufficient and give you great sport as well. Sonix Lite are great quality at a decent price. The kind of mid range priced rod that is a lifetime job.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

I have a airflo nano 9' 6 weight I was fishing for small jacks last year and got 2lb trout on it had some fun with the trout its around your budget, and quite good I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

10ft 5wt is what your after

Advertisement