Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Shower pump stopping

Options
  • 25-02-2015 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

The pump for my power shower runs for 2/3 seconds then the pump and all water flow stops.
    I turn it off and then on again and the same thing happens. this is same on both Hot and cold taps.
    I recently had a new heating and hot water system put in so the water has been off but no work was done diectly with the pump. After that, it seemed to run ok but was never tested for longer than about 30 second or so.

Could this be an airlock, should I try removing the shower head and blocking the flow for a few seconds to push the air out. My plumber cant make it out until next week and I am anxious to get it working as I have just moved in after the renovations.

Thanks
    BS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

is this a power shower unit? or is this a separate pump in the hotpress?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bstens

Its a seperate pump in the hot press

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Sound like the capacitor
    Post details of the pump

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bstens

The pump is tucked in behind the cylinder so cant get its details very easily.
    Heres a pic of it if this helps
    app.box.com/s/nols65wbsyd0hx5p53ma7r20nehlxg83

Further development. I tried it when I went home yesterday eve and it seemed to run for almost a minute. I thought it had resolved but then it resumed the only running for 2/3 seconds. Maybe it had build pressure during the day of non use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Should think about access, 4 tectite 310 fittings and 2 caps, while its out, and some towels and take it out with pipework on it.
    Still think its the capacitor, if u drop showehead on floor does water flow through pump when its powered off?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭RJF

Check that all shut off or service valves are operational and fully open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Immediately the water stops flowing, does the pump still keep running for a little while?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coldcake

Ours does this. In our case it's an airlock and unscrewing shower head solves the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

coldcake wrote: »
    Ours does this. In our case it's an airlock and unscrewing shower head solves the issue

If it is an air lock then it's not plumbed in correctly. There should be a flange at the top of the cylinder. This draws water a few inches from the top of the cylinder. If you have a flange fitted then you'll never get air in the systems. Most manufactures wont cover a pump under warranty if there is no flange fitted.

Advertisement