Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown *Results/Spoilers* 27/02/2015

• 25-02-2015 2:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

* Daniel Bryan kicks off SmackDown with an in-ring promo. He said the Yes Movement isn't dead. He was about to say what he plans to do at WrestleMania, but Bad News Barrett came out. Barrett said "losers like you don't deserve Mania, neither does that lunatic thief Dean Ambrose."

Ambrose came out and brawled with Barrett while Bryan watched. Bryan picked up the Intercontinental Title that was left in the ring. He haded it to Barrett, who turned around and was struck by Ambrose's punch and Bryan's kick. Barrett dropped the belt, and Ambrose picked it up. Ambrose and Bryan celebrated in the ring together.

1. Dean Ambrose beat The Miz. Mizdow was not present for Miz's entrance. Barrett came through the crowd to get his belt back. Ambrose still pinned Miz, and Mizdow never appeared...

Backstage, Renee Young interviewed Barrett, who said Ambrose can't hold a candle to his ability and neither can that hobo Bryan. He said he's never letting go of his title...

2. Natalya (w/Tyson Kidd, Cesaro) beat Naomi (w/The Usos). The women came out to their own entrance music rather than their tag team's music. Natalya won with a clothesline after the tag teams fought at ringside...

Rusev and Lana were out for a promo. Lana showed a picture of Cena holding up his "Never Give Up" towel at Fastlane, and then showed another of Rusev winning. She showed a letter that was supposedly from Vladimir Putin. They got massive heat. Jack Swagger came out and got a cheap pop by mentioning Atlanta. Rusev and Swagger brawled. Swagger had the initial offense, but Rusev came back and applied The Accolade...

3. Bad News Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan is up next. R-Truth came out for commentary. Bryan had Barrett in the Yes Lock on the stage when Truth snuck up there and took the IC Title belt. Barrett recovered and was going for the Bull Hammer, but Bryan hit a running knee for the win. Afterward, Barrett stared down the announcers, but he never really suspected Truth of taking the title belt.

A backstage interview with Byron Saxton and Roman Reigns was shown. Reigns said he's a proud family man and he's gonna beat Lesnar...

Backstage, R-Truth gave Dean Ambrose the Intercontinental Title belt and said, "Here, take it."

4. Fandango beat Curtis Axel. Fandango spoke before the match. Axel now has an AxelMania clock that shows how long he's been in the Royal Rumble match. Funny. Fandango won in about a minute...

The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Big E, and Tyson Kidd did a Be A Star appearance at the Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta...

5. Goldust beat Adam Rose. Stardust was dressed as a Rosebud monkey, and he attacked Goldust...

Bray Wyatt cut a promo. It was the same type of thing he's been saying... Raw returns to Atlanta on July 13. The pre-sale password is WWEATL... The main event is up next...

6. Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, and Erick Rowan defeated Seth Rollins, Big Show, and Kane. Ryback pinned Rollins.

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that it is Bryan vs Barrett at Wrestlemania. I doubt that very much.

Also this:
    B-qAdwRWoAABYJ3.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I got the feeling on Raw that the tease was Barrett vs Truth vs Ambrose vs Ziggler.

Maybe Bryan will get thrown into it as well and we'll get a multi-man "We have no clue what else to do with these guys" match for the IC title?

DO A LADDER MATCH O_o. Would be aweeeesome....

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Rollins takes the pin. Got to keep the other lads strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Put's in the performance of his career and proves he's at the level of Cena and Lesnar.

Gets jobbed out week after week since.

Only WWE. Clown shoes organisation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes this is baffelling and upsetting in equal measures. Rollins is currently the most active Top Heel they have. They should have kept him strong for his match against Orton at WM.

It's similar to the year when Orton and Punk wrestled at WM, you knew Orton was going over all you could hope for was a good match.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes this is baffelling and upsetting in equal measures. Rollins is currently the most active Top Heel they have. They should have kept him strong for his match against Orton at WM.

It's similar to the year when Orton and Punk wrestled at WM, you knew Orton was going over all you could hope for was a good match.

Possibly his punishment for the Twitter debacle? Have a few losses for a while, no victories that he would normally get?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Possibly his punishment for the Twitter debacle?

Yea possibly. Never thought of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Reigns said he's a proud family man and he's gonna beat Lesnar...

Sounds riveting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Possibly his punishment for the Twitter debacle? Have a few losses for a while, no victories that he would normally get?

Wouldn't surprise me but how do WWE not see that as shooting themselves in the foot? It's like keeping the roster disciplined is more important than having an actual main event star.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

He has only won one televised event since Royal Rumble. Im not sure the reasoning, but personally its baffling that they have him as a sneaky, win-stealing heel (when he does win), when he's clearly very skilled.

As Meltzer and Alvarez pointed out, Steph talked down to Rollins like he was a 10-year old in the business conference backstage segment on Raw. He didn't respond and looked scared. The whole authority angle is so focused on getting Steph/HHH over instead of Rollins and Orton. Steph is great in her role but she's not the one who is going to sell WrestleMania.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Actually, Rollins is being treated exactly how MITB holders are treated right before they cash in, so time to get hyped!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Actually, Rollins is being treated exactly how MITB holders are treated right before they cash in, so time to get hyped!

There is no way Rollins is having a successful cash in after the build they gave Reigns. Reigns Is going to be champion for a long time I'd say.

Lord TSC wrote: »

By god I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Have to laugh at the IC title merry-go-round. It's like a tag rugby version of the Hardcore title

Meltzer and Alvarez were joking that Barrett will lose to 19 other men in non-title matches and the Andre The Giant battle royal will be for intercontinental title and include all those who beat him. :D

It might not be 19 but it's going to be pretty close if it keeps going like this for the next few weeks. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sometimes I think we place too much emphasis on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Virtanen wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the IC title merry-go-round. It's like a tag rugby version of the Hardcore title

I think more will care about the IC title now than the world title

I hope Axel's clock lasts until next year's RR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

IC champ pinned again. What a geek.

AxelMania clock is the second greatest thing ever.

Honk-A-Meter is first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Omackeral wrote: »
    IC champ pinned again. What a geek.

AxelMania clock is the second greatest thing ever.

Honk-A-Meter is first.

I really hope he does and in normal matches spends the time trying not to get thrown over the top rope. Even though his opponent is making a major effort to. Like the opponent throwing him over the top rope and landing in the apron then stepping back in and wiping his brow while his opponent stands there bemused. Be incredible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bryan with his lot in life
    B-wA1UxUUAAvI9q.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I really hope he does and in normal matches spends the time trying not to get thrown over the top rope. Even though his opponent is making a major effort to. Like the opponent throwing him over the top rope and landing in the apron then stepping back in and wiping his brow while his opponent stands there bemused. Be incredible

Loving this idea!

Just finished Smackdown. More than fine with Bryan wrestling at the IC Title level against dudes like Wade Barrett. How many Bryan vs The Authority Handicap matches? He's still massively over too.

Not even trying to put a happy face on the things but the endless Underdog storylines have gotten very boring as has matches against Big Show and/or Kane.

Reigns's sitdown interview was shockingly good. But he is a Miz level thief NXT wise first it was stealing Becky's Bexplex and now it is Kevin Owens's doing it for my family thing:

R-Truth is really entertaining when he has something to do too:
    uA0kJbU.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Hey Paul

archer-1-phrasing.jpg?w=604

Wade looks like a junkie here

SD_810_Photo_018-1352181809.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

R-Truth us great as a crazy, could do or say anything guy. Its a pity they don't use him more.

Reigns, since the rumble, has been very good. Even if his eyes freak me out a bit.

Bryan for the ic title would be more than fine with me. Having him in there would boost the likes of Wade and Ambrose. Start of the show made me want a super team of Bryan and Ambrose sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

DM_7 wrote: »
    R-Truth us great as a crazy, could do or say anything guy. Its a pity they don't use him more.

Reigns, since the rumble, has been very good. Even if his eyes freak me out a bit.

Bryan for the ic title would be more than fine with me. Having him in there would boost the likes of Wade and Ambrose. Start of the show made me want a super team of Bryan and Ambrose sometime.

Of course if you are a Bryan hater you love it. I think he's above that jobber title. So you mean putting over Jobbers will do him well. :rolleyes:

Looper007 wrote: »
    Of course if you are a Bryan hater you love it. I think he's above that jobber title. So you mean putting over Jobbers will do him well. :rolleyes:

I am not a Bryan hater and No i didn't suggest the last part either.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I am not a Bryan hater and No i didn't suggest the last part either.

The truth is about this match is they haven't a breeze what to do for Bryan they think throwing the IC title on him might get the fans not to crap on the rest of the show, getting cheap pops of guys they don't want to push been thrown through ladders. Give them 20 minutes they might get a good match out of it for people to forget we had nothing for them to do.

But after WM the awful booking and pushing him down the card of Bryan will continue.

I for one would love to see a 6 month+ DB reign with the IC belt. Defending it against all comers and having the best match of the night.

And we could always see Cena vs DB in a unification match if Cena wins the US strap.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I for one would love to see a 6 month+ DB reign with the IC belt. Defending it against all comers and having the best match of the night.

And we could always see Cena vs DB in a unification match if Cena wins the US strap.

Had an image of him doing a Nakamura with it. Then getting back in for the main title later on.

Looper007 wrote: »

Did you watch Smackdown? Looper?

rovert wrote: »
    Did you watch Smackdown? Looper?

I did Rovert. why? You going to feed me the line "But if Bryan wins it he can be the face of Smackdown and make the belt mean something" . I don't buy it for one minute, I don't think he be in it anyway he's be fed to Sheamus. So neither booking makes me happy.

:pac: I can't believe people are buying this. This is just been done if it happens cause WWE couldn't book their most over guy in a top match. Simple as.

He be lucky to get a 10 minute matches on PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah agreed, Bryan with the IC Champion would most likely do nothing for him and in fact probably take away his star power, especially if they booked him like they have all the midcard champions over the last few years, by having him lose every match unless it is for the title at a PPV where their is no cert he will defend every month.

It would be nice if they were to somewhat protect him as IC Champion, but I doubt that, probably has the belt as a prop to job to the heels feuding with Reigns and Cena.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah agreed, Bryan with the IC Champion would most likely do nothing for him and in fact probably take away his star power, especially if they booked him like they have all the midcard champions over the last few years, by having him lose every match unless it is for the title at a PPV where their is no cert he will defend every month.

It would be nice if they were to somewhat protect him as IC Champion, but I doubt that, probably has the belt as a prop to job to the heels feuding with Reigns and Cena.

DB has barely done a clean job with the exception of Reigns since 2013.

He is a draw and fans will demand to see him perform.

He's a perfect choice to hold the title. If he can't restore prestige to the title, then the title is well and truly dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

have both Cena & Bryan hold their titles for the full year, and have the unification match at WM32

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He's a perfect choice to hold the title. If he can't restore prestige to the title, then the title is well and truly dead.

If I had a penny for every time I read that I would be a very rich man, when even the wrestlers say it you know its bad. Title has never been the same since WWE dropped it a few years ago. Bryan would have good feuds/matches even without it so I imagine even if he does have a good reign it won't matter long term to it's 'prestige' as WWE don't exactly care about it.
    have both Cena & Bryan hold their titles for the full year, and have the unification match at WM32
    this is assuming Reigns signs on the dole in the mean time???
    Doh, you mean the US Title I assume if Cena won it he'd drop it in a gimmick match at Extreme rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think that Roman Reigns is here to stay. I may not like it, but I think he's good at what he does all the same. For sure, I would have loved to have seen Daniel Bryan win the Royal Rumble. But the mark in me prefers it if I'm watching a match where I can root for one guy over the other. Of course, I think it's been pre-destined since last year that Roman Reigns will leave as champion at WrestleMania (provided Rollins doesn't cash in). Anyway!

He Can't bring prestige back if he doesn't have WWE booking it and bigging up feuds. Simple as, WWE won't do it of course, its just for WM to not have the fans crap on the rest of the Event if Bryan wins a title cause they couldn't book their most over star in a top match. Simple as.

It's perfect excuse for Vince to push Bryan down the card, he give him 10 minute matches on PPV and he might get more time on Smackdown but I'm shocked so many are falling for WWE's plan.

Your conclusion about where Bryan would end up is not something anyone wants to see.

It's just people talking about what they would like to see if he is not the World Champion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

At this moment in time, I would much prefer to see Daniel Bryan as the Intercontinental Champion than Wade Barrett. I don't think the title did any harm to Dolph Ziggler whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Truth being a bit racist this week in calling Byron "Coach"? :p

Advertisement