Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown *Results/Spoilers* 27/02/2015

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Looper007 wrote: »
    Of course if you are a Bryan hater you love it. I think he's above that jobber title. So you mean putting over Jobbers will do him well. :rolleyes:

Did you watch Smackdown? Looper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

rovert wrote: »
    Did you watch Smackdown? Looper?

I did Rovert. why? You going to feed me the line "But if Bryan wins it he can be the face of Smackdown and make the belt mean something" . I don't buy it for one minute, I don't think he be in it anyway he's be fed to Sheamus. So neither booking makes me happy.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I for one would love to see a 6 month+ DB reign with the IC belt. Defending it against all comers and having the best match of the night.

And we could always see Cena vs DB in a unification match if Cena wins the US strap.

:pac: I can't believe people are buying this. This is just been done if it happens cause WWE couldn't book their most over guy in a top match. Simple as.

He be lucky to get a 10 minute matches on PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah agreed, Bryan with the IC Champion would most likely do nothing for him and in fact probably take away his star power, especially if they booked him like they have all the midcard champions over the last few years, by having him lose every match unless it is for the title at a PPV where their is no cert he will defend every month.

It would be nice if they were to somewhat protect him as IC Champion, but I doubt that, probably has the belt as a prop to job to the heels feuding with Reigns and Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah agreed, Bryan with the IC Champion would most likely do nothing for him and in fact probably take away his star power, especially if they booked him like they have all the midcard champions over the last few years, by having him lose every match unless it is for the title at a PPV where their is no cert he will defend every month.

It would be nice if they were to somewhat protect him as IC Champion, but I doubt that, probably has the belt as a prop to job to the heels feuding with Reigns and Cena.

DB has barely done a clean job with the exception of Reigns since 2013.

He is a draw and fans will demand to see him perform.

He's a perfect choice to hold the title. If he can't restore prestige to the title, then the title is well and truly dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I for one would love to see a 6 month+ DB reign with the IC belt. Defending it against all comers and having the best match of the night.

And we could always see Cena vs DB in a unification match if Cena wins the US strap.

have both Cena & Bryan hold their titles for the full year, and have the unification match at WM32

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He's a perfect choice to hold the title. If he can't restore prestige to the title, then the title is well and truly dead.

If I had a penny for every time I read that I would be a very rich man, when even the wrestlers say it you know its bad. Title has never been the same since WWE dropped it a few years ago. Bryan would have good feuds/matches even without it so I imagine even if he does have a good reign it won't matter long term to it's 'prestige' as WWE don't exactly care about it.
    have both Cena & Bryan hold their titles for the full year, and have the unification match at WM32
    this is assuming Reigns signs on the dole in the mean time???
    Doh, you mean the US Title I assume if Cena won it he'd drop it in a gimmick match at Extreme rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think that Roman Reigns is here to stay. I may not like it, but I think he's good at what he does all the same. For sure, I would have loved to have seen Daniel Bryan win the Royal Rumble. But the mark in me prefers it if I'm watching a match where I can root for one guy over the other. Of course, I think it's been pre-destined since last year that Roman Reigns will leave as champion at WrestleMania (provided Rollins doesn't cash in). Anyway!

He Can't bring prestige back if he doesn't have WWE booking it and bigging up feuds. Simple as, WWE won't do it of course, its just for WM to not have the fans crap on the rest of the Event if Bryan wins a title cause they couldn't book their most over star in a top match. Simple as.

It's perfect excuse for Vince to push Bryan down the card, he give him 10 minute matches on PPV and he might get more time on Smackdown but I'm shocked so many are falling for WWE's plan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Your conclusion about where Bryan would end up is not something anyone wants to see.

It's just people talking about what they would like to see if he is not the World Champion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

At this moment in time, I would much prefer to see Daniel Bryan as the Intercontinental Champion than Wade Barrett. I don't think the title did any harm to Dolph Ziggler whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Truth being a bit racist this week in calling Byron "Coach"? :p

Advertisement