Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered Broadband on 7th Janaury - One problem after another

Options
  • 25-02-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

I ordered broadband on the 7th January after speaking to an eircom sales representative. I was told I wasn't in an efibre area but that was okay for me The agent told me I could get around 10MB uncongested which was fine as the dongle that I use isn't reliable. I could live with 2 - 3MB as long as it was reliable. 

However my line had to be physically reconnected to the house as it had been damaged. (I was an eircom customer in the past but when the line got damaged 2 years ago I closed my old account). The line was eventually reconnected two weeks ago after 3 different visits from eircom engineers. I had been waiting on a router to arrive since so I had a webchat today with an eircom agent. It turns out that there was no broadband order on my account even though I ordered it over the phone on the 7th of January. 

So today I asked for the order to be put through but the agent told me a totally different price to what I was told back in January. Basically in January I was told that the broadband would cost €38 per month and that I'd have to order the phone as part of the bundle but not to worry I could cancel the phone once the broadband was in. Today the agent told me the cost was €35 per month for 6 months then it would rise to €53 per month. He also told me that I was not a new customer because I have an account number. The reason I have an account number is that I have been waiting that long on the broadband to be installed that I have received two bills yet I have no service.

Firstly it is clear that I am a new customer, my account did not exist before January. Secondly the price has changed to what I was told it would be. I currently pay €35 euro for the dongle and could justify an extra few euro if I had reliable broadband so I went ahead with the order I would not have gone ahead with it at the price I was quoted today. I am prepared to cancel my direct debit, at this stage i don't care about a 12 month agreement as the terms have totally changed to what I was originally told. I have tried ringing eircom but keep being transferred and put on hold.       

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Akabusi wrote: »
    I ordered broadband on the 7th January after speaking to an eircom sales representative. I was told I wasn't in an efibre area but that was okay for me The agent told me I could get around 10MB uncongested which was fine as the dongle that I use isn't reliable. I could live with 2 - 3MB as long as it was reliable. 

However my line had to be physically reconnected to the house as it had been damaged. (I was an eircom customer in the past but when the line got damaged 2 years ago I closed my old account). The line was eventually reconnected two weeks ago after 3 different visits from eircom engineers. I had been waiting on a router to arrive since so I had a webchat today with an eircom agent. It turns out that there was no broadband order on my account even though I ordered it over the phone on the 7th of January. 

So today I asked for the order to be put through but the agent told me a totally different price to what I was told back in January. Basically in January I was told that the broadband would cost €38 per month and that I'd have to order the phone as part of the bundle but not to worry I could cancel the phone once the broadband was in. Today the agent told me the cost was €35 per month for 6 months then it would rise to €53 per month. He also told me that I was not a new customer because I have an account number. The reason I have an account number is that I have been waiting that long on the broadband to be installed that I have received two bills yet I have no service.

Firstly it is clear that I am a new customer, my account did not exist before January. Secondly the price has changed to what I was told it would be. I currently pay €35 euro for the dongle and could justify an extra few euro if I had reliable broadband so I went ahead with the order I would not have gone ahead with it at the price I was quoted today. I am prepared to cancel my direct debit, at this stage i don't care about a 12 month agreement as the terms have totally changed to what I was originally told. I have tried ringing eircom but keep being transferred and put on hold.       
    Hi Akabusi

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Akabusi

PM sent, thanks 

Hi Alan,

Any update on this? 

Hi Alan,

Any update on this? 
    Hi Akabusi

Thanks for taking my call. Once the modem comes please let me know right away

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan,

I still have no internet. I have the modem nearly a week but can't get a DSL signal. Can you check this out for me please?

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

I still have no internet. I have the modem nearly a week but can't get a DSL signal. Can you check this out for me please?
    Hi Akabusi

I've run a number of tests and see no issyes with the line, my tests on the modem show that it has not been attached and powered yet, I understand you have attempted this but can you confirm if the line can make and receive calls?

Thanks
    Al

The line can make and receive calls. I have followed the set up steps and tried several times to get a connection without success 

Having not received a reply to the pm i sent or the last message that I posted i take it that you can offer no more help. As it is nearly 3 months since i ordered the broadband I cannot continue to pay for a service that you cannot supply and would like to give notice of my intention to cancel my direct debit tomorrow. I have been very patient on this and have given eircom every chance to rectify things only to be left disappointed on numerous occasions.   

Having not received a reply to the pm i sent or the last message that I posted i take it that you can offer no more help. As it is nearly 3 months since i ordered the broadband I cannot continue to pay for a service that you cannot supply and would like to give notice of my intention to cancel my direct debit tomorrow. I have been very patient on this and have given eircom every chance to rectify things only to be left disappointed on numerous occasions.   
    Hi Akabusi

Apologies for this, I have checked the noted on your account and see no record of contact to eircoms technical support department. Can you confirm if you have got in touch with the technical support team on 1890260260 yet?

I have escalated this to our technical support department and will let you know as soon as I have an update.
    Thanks
    Al

I have tried previously to get in touch by telephone and I'm not going through that ordeal again. I don't have the time to be kept waiting and being sent from one agent to another. The only way I got the connection of the line sorted was by posting here 

• Advertisement

I have tried previously to get in touch by telephone and I'm not going through that ordeal again. I don't have the time to be kept waiting and being sent from one agent to another. The only way I got the connection of the line sorted was by posting here 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hello Akabusi

[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Our technical support department have responded to me requesting that you contact them as they will need to trouble shoot this with you to work on resolving this issue. I understand you had a negative experience when calling in relation to the line however a call will be required in this case. Calling technical support is quite direct in comparison with customer service and at present there is not much of a queue. Technical support can be contacted on 1890260260.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]If you prefer to contact technical support via WebChat you can reach them here: www.eircom.ie/chatnow although I have been advised that a call would be best in this case.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

What are the hours of operation for technical support? 

What are the hours of operation for technical support? 
    The Technical support department opening hours are from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week.

Thanks
    Al

This still continues. I have no broadband and never had 4 months after ordering it. I was told 4 weeks ago that someone from Eircom would ring me back to help sort out my issue as they wanted to charge me extra money to fix it and make me sign up to a new contract! They never did but I did get a text saying the fault should be fixed - It wasn't. I have now cancelled my direct debit and since received a letter looking for payment or my service will be cut off. That's fine cut off my service (It won't be hard to cut off a non existent service). 

I want my account cancelled as i refuse to pay for a service that I have not been supplied with or to honour my side of the contract when Eircom haven't honoured their side. I also refuse to pay any cancellation fee.

This still continues. I have no broadband and never had 4 months after ordering it. I was told 4 weeks ago that someone from Eircom would ring me back to help sort out my issue as they wanted to charge me extra money to fix it and make me sign up to a new contract! They never did but I did get a text saying the fault should be fixed - It wasn't. I have now cancelled my direct debit and since received a letter looking for payment or my service will be cut off. That's fine cut off my service (It won't be hard to cut off a non existent service). 

I want my account cancelled as i refuse to pay for a service that I have not been supplied with or to honour my side of the contract when Eircom haven't honoured their side. I also refuse to pay any cancellation fee.

Very sorry to hear this Akabusi

I have requested our technical support team to look in to this. As soon as I have more information from them I will let you know. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks
    Al

I have requested our technical support team to look in to this. As soon as I have more information from them I will let you know. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks
    Al
    Alan,

You must have gotten nowhere with your own technical department as I haven't heard anything back from you. Situation is still the same and I am still getting bills which i will not be paying.

Thanks
    Al
    Alan,

You must have gotten nowhere with your own technical department as I haven't heard anything back from you. Situation is still the same and I am still getting bills which i will not be paying.
    Apologies Akabusi

Thanks for taking my call - I will get back to you as soon as possible

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement