Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying A Breitling

• 25-02-2015 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi,

I am close to buying a Super Avenger II.

I am visiting New York this weekend and was thinking of buying it over there, and was even thinking of buying it from the grey market.

However, i will more than likely will wait until i get back to Ireland and buy it from an authorised Breitling dealer.

I have two questions, which i hope someone might be able to help with:

01 - has anyone any experience of buying a luxury watch in New York, if so, any advice?

02 - if i was to buy in Dublin, what do you think would be a good discount to get off the listed price (i am sure all jewelers are willing to take something off the listed price)

P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

paul7g wrote: »
    Hi,

I am close to buying a Super Avenger II.

I am visiting New York this weekend and was thinking of buying it over there, and was even thinking of buying it from the grey market.

However, i will more than likely will wait until i get back to Ireland and buy it from an authorised Breitling dealer.

I have two questions, which i hope someone might be able to help with:

01 - has anyone any experience of buying a luxury watch in New York, if so, any advice?

02 - if i was to buy in Dublin, what do you think would be a good discount to get off the listed price (i am sure all jewelers are willing to take something off the listed price)

P

I know that one of the dealers gives 10% to anyone who asks. You could also try iconicwatches.Co.uk They have a good rep and I used them last year for a speedy pro. and was impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

US prices are usually very good, although the current exchange rate will wipe out much of the savings. I would expect to get at least 10% off a Super Avenger here. It's a big watch, and doesn't seem to be that popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Also, just spotted a blue dial version in the window of Robert Biggar Pawnbroker on Talbot St in Dublin. It's €3695 and looks in great nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I bought a Breitling in 2012, you should check out the Watches of Switzerland shops in the terminals in Heathrow.

They are (were) offering watches to all travellers less the VAT.

Not sure how much of a saving you'd make now though with the strength of sterling but might be worth checking it out.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭paul7g

Thanks guys.

authenticwatches.com are also highly recommended but i'll have to pay too much import tax when it arrives :-(

I guess i could get it delivered to the US and get someone to bring it back when they are coming back to Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement