Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Monaco, 7:45, RTE2.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I've seen him play since he's come back. He's been grand but hardly outstanding.

You pay 40 million for a player, supposedly one of the best No.10's in the world, you'd expect more though.

Stop waffling out of you he has dominated plenty of games since he came back, talking shíte for the sake of talking shíte!

Tonight he played badly, and so did everybody else but I don't see you putting them under the microscope too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Said it at the start of the season. Lack of a decent DM hurt arsenal bad. Those counterattacks were far too easy to orchestrate. Fair enough, if Monaco broke the first screen but there was no screen. None!

Suicidal stuff from arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Quazzie wrote: »
    Still nice to make it EVERY year.

that you arsene? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Stop waffling out of you he has dominated plenty of games since he came back, talking shíte for the sake of talking shíte!

Tonight he played badly, and so did everybody else but I don't see you putting them under the microscope too

You know why?

Because the others at least put a shift in.

Ozil is a lazy bollocks when the chips are down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jesus that third goal. No Arsenal player in their own half when they gave the ball away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Jesus that third goal. No Arsenal player in their own half when they gave the ball away.

Its the Arsenal way unfortunately.

Mars Bar wrote: »

It's unbelievably naive!

You know why?

Because the others at least put a shift in.

Ozil is a lazy bollocks when the chips are down.

The whole team underperformed, to have ozil at his best you need players around him performing, that's the type of player he is, if you actually watched arsenal games you youd know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

100m for ozil and di maria Madrid saw arsenal and united coming.

Ozil is an utter failure of a signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its the Arsenal way unfortunately.

Do you know that in your Youth Cert assessment, you fail immediately for allowing play to continue if a team commits all players forward? They teach you that at the basic level of the game like!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Easy to see why Ozil only lasted 60 minutes alot of times when under Mourinho at a club that dominated teams more than Arsenal do!

Chasing a game against an organised team, he's useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The whole team underperformed, to have ozil at his best you need players around him performing, that's the type of player he is, if you actually watched arsenal games you youd know that

Showing urgency and commitment on the pitch when things aren't going well does not require others performing well.

Ozil is lazy and not worth 40 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Raf32 wrote: »
    exaggerate his fee by 10 million to make your point!

Cool man - you win this round. You still are stuck with £40m Ozil being anonymous like he was tonight though so...yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ozil is a fabulous player, I'd love him at United but we'd ruin him even more

Not really his fault Arsenal have a lot of mediocre players, Welbeck leading the line isn't going to win you trophies

Liverpool fans trying to talk about dodgy signings :pac:

Crawl back into your holes until another premier league team loses in Europe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Cool man - you win this round. You still are stuck with £40m Ozil being anonymous like he was tonight though so...yeah.

He cost 40 million plus 1 actually.:D

Ozil is a fabulous player, I'd love him at United but we'd ruin him even more

Not really his fault Arsenal have a lot of mediocre players, Welbeck leading the line isn't going to win you trophies

Neither will Giroud if hes going to miss a hat trick of sitters.

At the elite level he has to bang one or all of them away ,look at Suarez and Aguero last night they took their chances when they fell to them, arsenal just dont have that in a CF.

Its hard to find TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

At the elite level he has to bang one or all of them away ,look at Suarez and Aguero last night they took their chances when they fell to them, arsenal just dont have that in a CF.

Its hard to find TBH.

I would have subbed Welbeck tonight and left Giroud on despite that. We were so bad, that it was embarrassing to watch.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    I would have subbed Welbeck tonight and left Giroud on despite that. We were so bad, that it was embarrassing to watch.

I think had giroud stayed on Wenger would have got more criticism from the crowd. His misplaced pass before he came off and when giroud actually came off was one of the loudest negative reactions ive heard in awhile.

He should have scored at least 1, Welbeck was unlucky with his chance that hit Walcott, giroud was just poor tonight, another night he has a hat trick and Arsenal have won the game, small margins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

What happened at the end ? Left work with 2minutes to go Monaco had a free about 40 yards out, did they score from that ?!

• Advertisement

What happened at the end ? Left work with 2minutes to go Monaco had a free about 40 yards out, did they score from that ?!

arsenal had a throw in with 60seconds or so left, it was given to the Ox who got dispossessed and Monaco broke and scored.

Ox takes a huge portion of the blame as they were half way inside Monacos half when he lost it.

arsenal had a throw in with 60seconds or so left, it was given to the Ox who got dispossessed and Monaco broke and scored.

Ox takes a huge portion of the blame as they were half way inside Monacos half when he lost it.

No way the majority of blame lies with him. Back line of arsenal wasn't even in organised. Worse still they were all in within Monaco's half! Suicidal stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hardly his fault, you don't expect to be dispossessed in the opposition half and discover that your opponent has had a free run at goal.

IIRC, Ox had the ball, stumbled around with it and got caught.

I'd have to see it again but I'm sure thats what happened, had his touch/awareness been better he wouldnt have got caught, its not all his fault but he has to take the lion share of it IMO.

I'd have to see it again but I'm sure thats what happened, had his touch/awareness been better he wouldnt have got caught, its not all his fault but he has to take the lion share of it IMO.
    Rosicky (I think) was lying deep enough and got wrong-footed twice when Ox was in the process of losing the ball. Suppose that's what happens when he's the deepest midfielder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I watched the second half. Was this the most Arsenal match ever? I was thinking it's either this or the Newcastle 4-4 game. It would be fitting for them to go and win the tie now and then go out to Basel or Porto.

Very impressive from Monaco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

No selfies from Arsenal then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Its hard to find TBH.

Yup.

I like Giroud but the one thing that's entirely consistent over his career so far is that he never gets the better of a good physical defender.

I think if you have a defender that can match him for physicality and not make any obvious mistakes, he's probably not going to score.

For me he's a perfect impact sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    No selfies from Arsenal then?

Quoting hobbittises?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

greendom wrote: »
    Hardly his fault, you don't expect to be dispossessed in the opposition half and discover that your opponent has had a free run at goal.

He also left the goalscorer run off him before the pass was played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

poor ol' arsenal

groundhog day yet again

how many times have they been knocked out in round 2? i've lost count

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

fryup wrote: »

since 2006 where we reached the final arsenal have gone out at the last 16 stage 5 times, 2007 to PSV on away goals, then to barca in 2011, milan 2012, Bayern 2013 and Bayern 2014.
    in that period we've gone out at the qtr finals twice and the semis once.

you're losing count while trying to count to 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

fryup wrote: »
    poor ol' arsenal

groundhog day yet again

Did you lose some fingers in an accident at work?

Injurylawyers4u

What's there's blame- there's a claim

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement