Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Express to Window Live Mail

Options
  • 25-02-2015 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Outlook Express 2010 has started crashing a lot lately so I am looking to transfer all my mail to Windows Live Mail.
    I have tried import/export and a few different option from the internet but nothing has worked.
    Does anybody know of a way to do this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Are you using Outlook 2010? Outlook Express is an ancient piece of software which was replaced a couple of years back by Windows Live Mail. Assuming you are using Outlook 2010 and you would like to import to another client, you'll need to find one that's compatible with Outlook data files, or *.pst files.
    Thunderbird is a good free email client, and can import *.pst files. See here for info on how to.
    If you would like to see if Outlook 2010 can be fixed you could try disabling uneeded addons (see here) and also ensuring it is kept up to date, see here,

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

Sorry Outlook 2010. Thunder Bird worked perfect. Thanks a mil.

Advertisement