Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday

Options
  • 25-02-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi guys. Myself and my little family of two adults and two kiddos aged 8 and 5 and heading to belfast for hols but haven't been up north before so need some advice. We have no idea of distance between one place and another. First and main question to ask us for recommendation of caravan park or similar to stay for a week, as central as possible I think but I'd appreciate any advice? We want to go to the odyssey, the titanic museum, v5 museum, belfast zoo, the leisure plex and also visit giants causeway. Any other attractions more than welcome. We are outdoorsy and my kids get a kick out of must things so anything educational or cultural will work. Thanks a mil, looking forward to reading some suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Can't help you with the caravan/camp site I'm afraid.

An hour's drive from Belfast will get you to most of NI. It's worth giving yourself a full day to go up the Antrim coast and do the causeway. Generally we'll go out the costal route via Carrick-a-rede and Dunluce Castle to the causeway and come straight back cross country.

Would strongly recommend the folk and transport museum in Cultra - you could easily spend a day there, particularly at the weekend.

If you're after something outdoorsy, there's Tollymore and Castlewellan forest parks in the foothills of the Mournes and Donard Park at the base of Slieve Donard in Newcastle.

W5 and the Titanic museum are both worth a visit - make are you so the Nomadic at the same time, it's separate to the Titanic museum but definitely worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Albertofrog

You should get caravan sites around the Causeway - Cushendun Cushendall direction - about an hour or so from Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

Juniper Hill Caravan Park in between Portrush and Portstewart has nice views overlooking the coast. Gets booked up fairly quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I second anywhere around Castlewellan or Newcastle - plenty of caravan parks around there (there is one actually in Castlewellan Forest Park it is fab but books up quick as it is a really nice site and right by the lake). Also check out campsites around Cranfield. I dont know of any near Belfast city tbh. Probably best getting a caravan site away from the city and travelling into the city for day trips to see the likes of the titanic museum etc.

Don't forget the Carrick-a-reade rope bridge as an activity not too far from the causeway as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭loishasdied

Thanks guys - I will look into the geography of it all now and come back if I've any questions. Will definitely add in the rope bridge and forest

• Advertisement
Advertisement