Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling credit card?

Options
  • 25-02-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

How do I go about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

How do I go about this?
    Hi purplecow1977,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

To close your Credit Card account, please ensure that the balance is first cleared in full. Also, the account must have a €30 balance on it to cover the Government Duty charge if your billing address is in the Republic of Ireland.

Please also make sure that you cancel any third party direct debits or subscriptions you may have set up, directly with a retailer.

Then call our Credit Card team on 0818 251 251 to request the closure of the account and a representative can then cancel this for you. This phone line is open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturdays and 10am to 5pm on Sundays.

Just to mention, if you have this credit card adding for viewing on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, please request to have this removed by sending an Ask a Question on the Online Service Desk and a representative will be able to remove this.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

How do I go about this?
    Hi purplecow1977,

To close your Credit Card account, please ensure that the balance is first cleared in full. Also, the account must have a €30 balance on it to cover the Government Duty charge if your billing address is in the Republic of Ireland.

Please also make sure that you cancel any third party direct debits or subscriptions you may have set up, directly with a retailer.

Then call our Credit Card team on 0818 251 251 to request the closure of the account and a representative can then cancel this for you. This phone line is open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturdays and 10am to 5pm on Sundays.

Just to mention, if you have this credit card adding for viewing on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, please request to have this removed by sending an Ask a Question on the Online Service Desk and a representative will be able to remove this.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Why must it have €30 balance? How many times does the government charge need to be paid?! I paid it last April! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

How do I go about this?
    Hi purplecow1977,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Why must it have €30 balance? How many times does the government charge need to be paid?! I paid it last April! 

Hi purplecow1977,

Thanks for you post.

The charge is for the previous tax year.

The tax year on Credit Cards is from the 1st of April to the 31st of march, this is why the charge is applied before your account can be closed.

Janette

Advertisement