Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roosky night life?

• 25-02-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

We're thinking of renting a house near Roosky for a bit of a lads reunion later this year (not a stag....we're too old for that!!!). What's Roosky village like on the weekend? Any good pubs or craic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

chewed wrote: »
    We're thinking of renting a house near Roosky for a bit of a lads reunion later this year (not a stag....we're too old for that!!!). What's Roosky village like on the weekend? Any good pubs or craic?
    Its very dead, are you crazy go to sligo or carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭chewed

I thought that would be the answer! Yeah, probably a bit mad but I like to go to places off the beaten track. e.g. not Carrick or Kilkenny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

nice restaurants in Tarmonbarry and Dromod

short enough taxi ride away. (Dromod that is)

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    nice restaurants in Tarmonbarry and Dromod

short enough taxi ride away. (Dromod that is)

I dont think its resteraunts what hes after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Would you consider hiring a boat and cruising down the shannon OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭morcheen k

must be a local bingo on :) go mad !

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

chewed wrote: »
    They are having a Heritage Festival in July I think it's on the 24/25/26 and it's people like you they are hoping to Attract so I think that would be a great time to go,

Larrson wrote: »
    They are having a Heritage Festival in July I think it's on the 24/25/26 and it's people like you they are hoping to Attract so I think that would be a great time to go,

Sounds like mighty craic if you are 70 year old ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Roosky will be hopping that week , the www.iwai.ie Shannon boat rally will be there that weekend.
    100 boats/500 people in attendance plus the local attendance this will be a great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rb123

You have clearly never been to Roosky; the night life is non existing :p Better off going to Carrick, always lots of stag and hen parties there at the weekends. Lots of different pubs with a good atmosphere.

• Advertisement

rb123 wrote: »
    You have clearly never been to Roosky; the night life is non existing :p Better off going to Carrick, always lots of stag and hen parties there at the weekends. Lots of different pubs with a good atmosphere.

Carrick is good crack alright

Advertisement