Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Will my contacts be protected when I switch network sim cards?

• 25-02-2015 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I am changing from three network who i am currently with over to tesco mobile in two days time, just waiting on the sim to arrive in the post.

I'm using an iPhone 5 and presume my contacts are stored on my phone as opposed to my sim card? Presumably wen i put the tesco simcard into my phone and port my number over, all my contacts will be still there on my phone?

I only ask as my dad recently ported over his number to tesco and lost all his contacts, albeit he was not using a smartphone so i presume his contacts were stored on his sim card.

Also, tesco mobile have told me that when i port over my number to them that my contract with three will automatically cease to continue....can I trust that advice or would it be advisable to ring three after just to make sure it has indeed ended? The last thing I want is two bills coming out of my acc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

They should all be on the phone. To check just remove the SIM and go to contacts. If you scroll to the bottom it will tell you the total number.

Are you out of contract with three? If not they will charge you the remaining monthe left. I would contact them anyway just to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The days of storing contacts and info on devices and cards should now be over.

Make sure your iCloud services are switched on and sync your contacts to it.

That way you will never lose any info.

Even if you get new device, you just login with your itunes account and all data from previous phone including, contact, apps, photos, music will sync.

Regarding Three/Tesco, assuming you are no longer in contract with Three then it should be the case that it ends automatically but you may have a notice period, so maybe contact Three first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I completely forgot about cloud sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

cheers everyone, switched over now and contacts remained the same as should. thanks

Advertisement