Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walled City Marathon 2015

Options
  • 25-02-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Anyone planning on entering this race or taken part previously? How does it rate with other Irish Marathons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Ed Mc

I've entered it. It's fairly local to me. There's some hills and a fairly tight one around mile 25 I think, fahan st. and of course it's warm that time of year but it has good reports and it's getting bigger year on year, and the medal is a small frisbee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mch82

Thanks Ed, I might give it a go as it's fairly local to me also.

What size of a field does it normally attract and is there good support on the route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Ed Mc

I think they were capping it at 2500 this year. It sold out fairly quick the last two years but hasn't sold out yet this year.

I've heard from reports that there are patches of very little to no support and that fahan st. And the city sections are the main ares of support.

Edit: last years thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87476258

Advertisement