Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a good biscuit binder?

Options
  • 25-02-2015 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Was wondering if anyone knew of a good biscuit binder? Currently, when making cheesecake, I'd be throwing in melted butter, but wondering if anyone has any other binders, to get more people to eat the cake I make.

Also, going to try a "low fat" cheesecake, but will see if I can do without butter in the base.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

You can use dates as an alternative. You'll find them used in a lot of granola bars or vegan raw brownies.

There's also using chocolate depending on the cheesecake :)

Also, beware, you might go to the trouble of making a butterless base and find no one eats it anyway. The true cheesecake lover but avoiding biscuit butter would just scrape teh topping off shovel it into their face (with or without a spoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

the_syco wrote: »
    Hey,
    Was wondering if anyone knew of a good biscuit binder? Currently, when making cheesecake, I'd be throwing in melted butter, but wondering if anyone has any other binders, to get more people to eat the cake I make.

Also, going to try a "low fat" cheesecake, but will see if I can do without butter in the base.

Bit of a belated response, sorry - my other half always used milk as the biscuit binder in cheesecakes. It's not as crunchy and it's inclined to stick to the bottom a bit but it still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bakergsdvas

the_syco wrote: »
    Hey,

try a sponge base can be made without butter and is unusual and lovely.

Advertisement