Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping through the night...even half would be great!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

cant26 wrote: »
    That's tough going. I found my sons sleep was at its worst between 9 and 11 months. He would wake at least four times a night and would take forever to settle. I had just bought the no cry sleep solution book when one night he just slept!! He started crawling that week too so for us I think the night waking was developmental. The same happened a few months later when he started walking. Hopefully it will settle down for you soon, the nights are long and lonely when you're pacing the floors. Take care.

Thanks :) it's definately a comfort thing with him as he goes straight back asleep as soon as we lie him back down. I've resigned myself to the fact that we just have a bad night sleeper. He's an angel during the day both in humour & sleep so it's baffling me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

SF12 wrote: »
    If you want, I have a pdf of a sleep manual, which is gentle sleep training, as mentioned by the last poster.... It's relatively short and an easy read. I can PM it to you if you are interested.

Thanks for the link SF12, however its only relatively short compared only to a book like War and Peace. I jest - its 200 pages tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Hi there, I'd love a PDF of this too, please! Sometimes I feel like I will never sleep again :/ thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Sniipe wrote: »
    It hasn't been mentioned yet but could she be teething? Some babies get through it easier than others. Keep an eye out for the hand in mouth or red cheeks. Best of luck, it can be difficult. Crying it out might not be the solution.

Also try sharing the load (for your sanity) for those times when you know she shouldn't be hungry.

Thanks, I supp you can never fully rule out teething in the first 2 years of a baby's life but I'm not seeing any clear signs at the moment.

We've made huge progress though in the last few nights just by making a few small changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭SF12

Sniipe wrote: »
    Thanks for the link SF12, however its only relatively short compared only to a book like War and Peace. I jest - its 200 pages tho :D

:-) I read quickly.What I really meant was that it's very repetitive, so it is actually quite short when you look at it that way.Advice is quite similar for each age group.Also I focused on the parts for the age group I had and also napping, as they were what I needed.
    Will share the link with anyone I havem't this evening...baby duties prevented me from getting it to everyone earlier today.We took bits from it and adapted a bit for ourselves...other friends used it to the letter, so I hope it's useful in some way for people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

our little get slept from 7:30 to 7:30 from 2 months to 5 months, then on christmas night the teeth started coming. From then until maybe 2 weeks ago she slept through maybe twice. Most nights she was up once (normally 3am)

However for the last couple she's back to sleeping through... godsend :pac:
    We didnt realise how good we had it tbh

I think I've got it to everyone now, have I?I hope that it's useful! Method is similar to what traineeacc describes. I've done a lot of net research on sleeping methods and as far as I can see, pretty much the same advice is offered everywhere. I didn't want to try a million different approaches, so I decided I was using this book, sticking to it, and that was it.

Our little one has been awake on and off the last few nights (teeth!!) - I go in, give her her soother and leave her to it. I'll go back in every 10 mins-ish, until she's asleep again, and it's working well for us. She's still waking mind you, but she's going back to sleep fairly quickly again (It'll probably go completely pear-shaped on me tonight now!!!) I figure she'll have ok nights and better nights, but as a whole she sleeps all night most nights from 7:15pm on, I can't ask much better than that at this stage.

Hey all, if you click the link I send you and it doesn't work, can you try copy and pasting into browser to see if it works aswell? If not - let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Hey all, if you click the link I send you and it doesn't work, can you try copy and pasting into browser to see if it works aswell? If not - let me know!

Thanks so much for sending on the link. I'm not having any luck with either method but I'm on my phone so I'll try on my pc tomorrow. I'm probably too tired to read it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

*yawn* I've just resigned myself to the fact that we have a bad sleeper & just have to get on with it :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tillyjane

I found really being regimental with that routine in the link for a week or two until it became habit really helped after about 5 months of zero sleep in our house. He's 14 months now and he's not brilliant but we do get 2-4 nights a week of a full sleep. I totally agree that some babies are just sleepers and some just are not! It can be frustrating when people say have you tried such and such and such and you're like YES I have tried bloody evrything :) Hope you get some well deserved rest soon

I cant post links as I'm newbie but if you google weebee sample schedules it should come up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Sry to ask as well.... Is there any possibility you could share this with me also please? Thanks sooooo much in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

emer_b...I posted as committophobe above, just opened a new account here.

If you want, I have a pdf of a sleep manual, which is gentle sleep training, as mentioned by the last poster. Not just crying it out. It's been extremely useful for us, and a number of friends, and is divided up by age group. It's relatively short and an easy read. I can PM it to you if you are interested.

SF12 could you possibly please send me this link also? Massive thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tillyjane

73trix wrote: »
    SF12 could you possibly please send me this link also? Massive thanks.

And me aswell.... If it's not too much hassle?! Million thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Would really appreciate a link to that PDF also if possible, sounds very helpful. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Sf12 could you PM me the link too please when you get a chance...we have a comfort night time feeder here too! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Wits end here. Every 2 hours for the past 3 weeks. He doesn't sleep for more than 20 mins during the day either so I can't grab a daytime nap ang he's constantly
    Crabby because he's overtired. I'm spending my days trying to stop him
    Crying. He's not feeding very well either, taking a huge break from bottles during the morning, from about 7am - 3pm then eating all through the night.

I can't withhold the night feeds because I tried twice and he still refused his morning bottles. I don't want him going without. Apparently it's a development stage and if I ride it out he will get over it. It's exhausting though.

How old is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Any chance someone could Pls share the pdf link? I can find the weebee page but would love a print friendly version if someone wouldn't mind sharing? TIA from tired mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JoeyRed

Any chance I could get the pdf too? Thanks. Awake every 90mins last night...

• Advertisement
Advertisement