Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking & Recipes Meet-up - Dublin - March 2015

Options
  • 25-02-2015 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

** Just a note, I know people are from all over the place here and Dublin doesn't suit a lot of people. Most of the people on the first thread were interested in meeting up in Dublin. If Dublin is not a possibility for you & you'd like a meet up then absolutely feel free to start a thread organising a meet up in your locale. Could be an awesome way to meet local food enjoying types. **

Roll up, roll up C&R'rs & select the day(s) that you would be free to meet up in Dublin. The most popular suggestion for an activity was a few drinks in a pub that serves food so that's most likely to be what we will do. We'll go with the day that the most people are free to meet.

Select whichever days suit ya! You can select more than one day. 77 votes

Wednesday 4th March
    0%
    Thursday 5th March
    5%
    The Hill BillyDizzyblondeDr.MickKilleriwantmydinner 4 votes
    Friday 6th March
    6%
    The Hill BillyDizzyblondekylithDr.MickKilleriwantmydinner 5 votes
    Saturday 7th March
    1%
    kylith 1 vote
    Wednesday 11th March
    3%
    kylithKovuLovely Bloke 3 votes
    Thursday 12th March
    9%
    The Black OilThe Hill BillyDizzyblondeMissFlitworthkylithDr.MickKilleriwantmydinner 7 votes
    Friday 13th March (ooooh spooky)
    12%
    The Black OilThe Hill BillyDizzyblondeMissFlitworthkylithMerkinhomemadeciderLovely BlokeDr.MickKilleriwantmydinner 10 votes
    Saturday 14th March
    3%
    MissFlitworthkylithLovely Bloke 3 votes
    Wednesday 18th March
    3%
    kylithLovely Blokeseventeen sheep 3 votes
    Thursday 19th March
    7%
    The Black OilThe Hill BillyDizzyblondeMissFlitworthDr.MickKilleriwantmydinner 6 votes
    Friday 20th March
    14%
    The Black OilThe Hill BillyDizzyblondeGrahamThomasMissFlitworthGloomtastic!MerkinhomemadeciderLovely BlokeDr.MickKilleriwantmydinner 11 votes
    Saturday 21st March
    3%
    MissFlitworthMrs FoxLovely Bloke 3 votes
    Wednesday 25th March
    2%
    Lovely Blokeseventeen sheep 2 votes
    Thursday 26th March
    7%
    The Black OilDizzyblondeMissFlitworthkylithDr.MickKilleriwantmydinner 6 votes
    Friday 27th March
    11%
    The Black OilDizzyblondeMissFlitworthkylithMerkinhomemadeciderLovely BlokeDr.MickKilleriwantmydinner 9 votes
    Saturday 28th March
    5%
    MissFlitworthMrs FoxkylithLovely Bloke 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Saturday 28th March
    Looks like a Thursday is the front runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Friday 13th meetup: everybody gets salmonella

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Friday 20th March
    Looking forward to it. I've got a pass! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Saturday 28th March
    Guys - so sorry with the delay in taking a look at what people voted for. Stuff has been chasing me around the place the past week. With 11 votes it looks like Thursday 19th of March is our day . I think people suggested Sweetmans, which is nice & central, so if no one has any massive objections that could be our location?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Saturday 28th March
    I'd have to wait until closer to the date to see if I can make it as we're moving into a new house early that week.

• Advertisement

Saturday 28th March
    Sweetman's a good choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Saturday 28th March
    Ah, no! The one week in March I can't make it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Wednesday 11th March
    With 11 votes it looks like Thursday 19th of February is our day .

March yea?
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Saturday 28th March
    Oh my gosh I was extra, extra dopey yesterday eve!! Thanks for the heads up Kovu! Yes, absolutely March.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Friday 27th March
    I'm out of this guys :( Got a phone call this morning to say my baby's operation is scheduled for this day so won't be able to make it which is disappointing. Please keep me posted if there's another one!xx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Friday 27th March
    Merkin wrote: »
    I'm out of this guys :( Got a phone call this morning to say my baby's operation is scheduled for this day so won't be able to make it which is disappointing. Please keep me posted if there's another one!xx

Sorry to hear that and I hope the operation goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Friday 27th March
    Awww thanks Dizzy, hope you all have a wonderful time xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Merkin wrote: »

Good luck Merkin!

There may be a possibility I can travel up for this, but I'm not voting as it's only about 20% likely and I don't want to skew the results.

Loire.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Friday 27th March
    Hope all goes well, Merkin.

What's next - definites, maybes, a time and a venue?

Saturday 28th March
    I think the venue has been decided on Sweetman's, unless someone has an absolute aversion to the place?

The food is good, the beer is good, it's central too, they'll reserve space too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Friday 20th March
    Best wishes to Merkin Jr!

Advertisement