Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannavaro has been given a suspended 10 month prison sentence

• 26-02-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Cannavaro handed suspended 10-month prison term
    Fabio Cannavaro has been handed a suspended 10-month prison sentence after breaching orders to keep out of his property during a police investigation.

The World Cup-winning former Italy captain was the centre of a tax probe which saw over €1 million (£733,000) in his property being seized but Cannavaro was caught swimming in his luxurious house's swimming pool with his wife.

The 41-year-old, his wife, Daniela, and brother Paolo – who plays for Sassuolo in Serie A – were all given custodial sentences but all three verdicts have been suspended after the trio appealed.

Cannavaro is reported to owe over €1m in unpaid taxes, with the Italian Revenue Agency claiming that the former defender's company unpaid on VAT, corporation tax and regional tax throughout a five-year period between 2005 and 2010.

During that time, Cannavaro served both Juventus and Real Madrid and also lifted the World Cup in Germany in 2006.

The former Parma and Inter star is now coach of Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande, where he succeeded his former Italy boss, Marcello Lippi, at the helm.
    https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/cannavaro-handed-suspended-10-month-prison-term-164000524--spt.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

absolutely class footballer - one of the best I have seen - wish him well, we all go through **** in our life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Went for a swim :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

He dived

thebaz wrote: »
    absolutely class footballer - one of the best I have seen - wish him well, we all go through **** in our life

I don't think I will ever go through the "possibly owes a million in taxes, insists on continuing to swim in luxury pool during investigation" hardship faced by this poor soul.

Advertisement