If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendation

Options
  • 26-02-2015 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi looking for tv DVD combo around 40 inch. Would like freesat and not bothered about smart.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi R Lahart,  unfortunately choice in DVD combi's are very limited now a days. The largest screen we do is a 32" Toshiba 

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12478-32d1333b.aspx ,

and it doesn't have freesat either.  Another alternative would be to go with a separate TV and DVD, this would also allow you to upgrade to the improved quality of Blu ray which will also play your old DVD's too.  Something like this 

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200555-ue40hu6900.aspx .

You are gaining the built in freesat and 4K capability, you could pair this with a Blu ray something like

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200228-bdh5500.aspx

If price is a concern you could go for a set with out freesat and add an external freesat box

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 12 R Lahart

Thanks for that.

I have no interest in smart tv. What would be best bang for buck 350 - 500 euro around the 36 inch up

a good tv in that price range would be the Samsung ue40h5000

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200545-ue40h5000.aspx

You do loose the freesat tuner however.  Freesat generally only comes on the higher spec models, and even then only a few manufactuers fit it to a select few models

Regards Stephen

Hi back again I have been looking around the bricks and mortar over weekend. Do u stock LG was looking at couple ranging from 32 - 42 with smart and freesat. I can't see them on ur site.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

R Lahart wrote: »
    Hi back again I have been looking around the bricks and mortar over weekend. Do u stock LG was looking at couple ranging from 32 - 42 with smart and freesat. I can't see them on ur site.
    R Lahart,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we do stock some LG models - we are also waiting for the new LG models which hopefully we will have in the next couple of months - if you have the model numbers I'll check availability, pricing and any alternatives and revert asap.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Looking for the lb585 models 32 or 36 inch. Was looking at 40 inch over weekend it would be unnecessarily large for the room

R Lahart wrote: »
    Looking for the lb585 models 32  or 36 inch. Was looking at 40 inch over weekend it would be unnecessarily large for the room
    Hi sorry for taking so long to get back to you, the lb585 is not a model range that we currently stock, although I don't think it has a freesat turner in it either

Regards Stephen

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.