Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old pine beams.

Options
  • 26-02-2015 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hello. Does anyone know where I could get some old pine beams. Pitch or heart pine is what I'm looking for.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Architectural Salvage Yard/Merchant?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Thanks. I tried them...they are looking for one of my kidneys for beams. :eek:
    I was thinking someone might have a few lying around at a reasonable price..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭dathi

try patsy should have some lying around

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

dathi wrote: »
    try patsy should have some lying around

Have you any in there?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

You could get a sawmill to cut beams for you, roughen them up as per the previous post to age them ,then give them a coat of potassium permanganate solution which will give them a deep reddish brown colour and a coat of wax to leave a patina similar to old beams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

All the chainstores carry Southern Yellow Pine. You could laminate some 3" planks to your finished dimension and stain as required. All you need is glue and lots of clamps ?

Advertisement