Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House share maynooth 2015-2016

Options
  • 26-02-2015 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Will hopefully be going to maynooth come September as mature student even doh I be only 24 but whatever 😋 looking into sharing a place with few people where be best place to look and were to avoid! Any help be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

JoeR91 wrote: »
    Will hopefully be going to maynooth come September as mature student even doh I be only 24 but whatever 😋 looking into sharing a place with few people where be best place to look and were to avoid! Any help be appreciated :)
    I shall be following this thread with great interest as I am in the same boat (and shall be the same age incidentally!)

Edit: I would suggest going to the NUI Maynooth page though and asking there! They would know better than most!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I shall be following this thread with great interest as I am in the same boat (and shall be the same age incidentally!)

Edit: I would suggest going to the NUI Maynooth page though and asking there! They would know better than most!

I have it there to just said I put it here to :) are you going to maynooth yourself?

I have it there to just said I put it here to :) are you going to maynooth yourself?
    Hopefully! Have two interviews next month so hoping I can nail them!

Hopefully! Have two interviews next month so hoping I can nail them!

Cool :) what did you apply for?

Cool :) what did you apply for?
    Science with Education as my number 1 then just general Science. What about you?

• Advertisement

Science with Education as my number 1 then just general Science. What about you?

Community&youth work first choice then social science as second best luck with the interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Hi, have you both been called for interview or aptitude tests yet? I was told that they don't expect to confirm dates until mid March. I was late to the party with my application.

AngryLips wrote: »
    Hi, have you both been called for interview or aptitude tests yet? I was told that they don't expect to confirm dates until mid March. I was late to the party with my application.

Hey no I haven't heard anything yet. What did you apply for

Yeah, I have an interview this week!

Also a mature applicant, but am submitting a late application, was told that it shouldn't affect the likelihood of acceptance to NUIM and they just asked me to forward them my details so I can be included for aptitude test end of this month, though nothing confirmed yet. Going for business and management. I better get in! I was fairly relaxed about it until I read the mature student application guide sticky just now and discovered that it's not unusual for people to submit CVs and written references with their applications, none of which is specified either on the CAO website or any of the 3rd level websites I've considered applying for. I'm not sure if I've underprepared with my application but I just assumed that most of it will come down to how you perform in interview/test instead of what's on your CAO application (bar personal statement).

The biggest decision now, if I get accepted, is wether to commute from Dublin or move out that direction :-/

• Advertisement

Also a mature applicant, but am submitting a late application, was told that it shouldn't affect the likelihood of acceptance to NUIM and they just asked me to forward them my details so I can be included for aptitude test end of this month, though nothing confirmed yet. Going for business and management. I better get in! I was fairly relaxed about it until I read the mature student application guide sticky just now and discovered that it's not unusual for people to submit CVs and written references with their applications, none of which is specified either on the CAO website or any of the 3rd level websites I've considered applying for. I'm not sure if I've underprepared with my application but I just assumed that most of it will come down to how you perform in interview/test instead of what's on your CAO application (bar personal statement).

The biggest decision now, if I get accepted, is wether to commute from Dublin or move out that direction :-/

No I say your grand the college will say if they want cv and references they care more about how you do like you said. I'm from Wexford myself so I be moving up there

Awesome. Well, if I do move out that way I'll probably be on the market for somewhere in May anyway by complete coincidence but just a word of warning, I've heard it's quite difficult to get accomodation in Maynooth town so you might want to get in before the student rush come Aug/Sep. There is also the option of student accomodation and I read somewhere that they have a section of this for mature students too. Otherwise, anywhere along the Maynooth rail line would still have you no more than a 20 minute commute from Maynooth with the added bonus of being closer to Dublin and all the choice that brings.

Awesome. Well, if I do move out that way I'll probably be on the market for somewhere in May anyway by complete coincidence but just a word of warning, I've heard it's quite difficult to get accomodation in Maynooth town so you might want to get in before the student rush come Aug/Sep. There is also the option of student accomodation and I read somewhere that they have a section of this for mature students too. Otherwise, anywhere along the Maynooth rail line would still have you no more than a 20 minute commute from Maynooth with the added bonus of being closer to Dublin and all the choice that brings.

Yeah so I heard I'm gonna keep options open anyway and apply for on campus to

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saraghann

Hi guys! Don't know how to change my username on this but that's not me.. Anyway I have my interview for the Science with Education course this week too. Am ****ting myself about it. I'm 23 but I'll be 24 when I start (if I start). Will more than likely have to move up myself as I'm from Laois. Hopefully will find somewhere affordable!

saraghann wrote: »
    Hi guys! Don't know how to change my username on this but that's not me.. Anyway I have my interview for the Science with Education course this week too. Am ****ting myself about it. I'm 23 but I'll be 24 when I start (if I start). Will more than likely have to move up myself as I'm from Laois. Hopefully will find somewhere affordable!

Ah I wouldn't worry ya be grand ya fly it 😋 I be 24 myself Aswell if I start! Have few mates up there keeping a eye out for places when they become available

Just got my letter this morning for my course my entrance exam is 18th April then group and individual interview 7th and 8th of may

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saraghann

I'm presuming some courses don't need entry exams because I haven't heard anything about one! Anyone have any idea how long it takes to find out after the interview if you got in? Would be really good to try and sort out accommodation before the big rush of everyone waiting for results from the Leaving..

saraghann wrote: »
    I'm presuming some courses don't need entry exams because I haven't heard anything about one! Anyone have any idea how long it takes to find out after the interview if you got in? Would be really good to try and sort out accommodation before the big rush of everyone waiting for results from the Leaving..

I think it's 3-6 weeks mine says I find out 3 weeks after doing the two interviews

Advertisement