Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to make a Bewleys Taste Coffee

• 26-02-2015 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

What would be the nearest coffee that would taste like a standard Cup of coffee from Bewleys and also what machine or Implements would i need to attain this taste? i remember years ago going into Bewleys on Grafton Street and savouring the taste of a Plain coffee. i am not into any of these Fancy coffees Frapacinos or any of that lark just want something that is simply coffee. I have tried EVERY instant coffee i can think of and cant come close to this taste :mad: Should i get one of these POD machines is that the missing link?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Wha?

brewmethods.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

ronan45 wrote: »
    I have tried EVERY instant coffee i can think of and cant come close to this taste :mad:

That says it all really. Instant is terrible, Bewley's would not be regarded as "good coffee" but each to their own and all that. What you probably had was an americano - so an espresso with hot water added to it. To create an espresso you need fresh beans, an espresso machine and a grinder or one of those pod machines (if you're after convenience). Failing an espresso machine you could get close with a Moka pot and if you're really on a budget buy pre-ground coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

What would be the nearest coffee that would taste like a standard Cup of coffee from Bewleys and also what machine or Implements would i need to attain this taste? i remember years ago going into Bewleys on Grafton Street and savouring the taste of a Plain coffee. i am not into any of these Fancy coffees Frapacinos or any of that lark just want something that is simply coffee. I have tried EVERY instant coffee i can think of and cant come close to this taste :mad: Should i get one of these POD machines is that the missing link?

How long ago was this legendary trip into Bewleys?

I also have an enduring memory of visiting that cafe with my mother and having a milky coffee and an almond bun. In my memory it was the most delicious thing I ever tasted.
    But I now realise that is more to do with the situation. I had never been out for a coffee before so it was an adventure and I probably would have drank a cup of dishwater. Which in my opinion is now better than what you would get from a Bewleys anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

James_R wrote: »
    That says it all really. Instant is terrible, Bewley's would not be regarded as "good coffee" but each to their own and all that. What you probably had was an americano - so an espresso with hot water added to it. To create an espresso you need fresh beans, an espresso machine and a grinder or one of those pod machines (if you're after convenience). Failing an espresso machine you could get close with a Moka pot and if you're really on a budget buy pre-ground coffee.

cheers mate, Yeah i have no clue about coffee really have been drinking instant for 20 years now... and all of sudden over the past year its starting to taste really chemically or something ... i dont know why... even nescafe yuck now... so this week i bought in spar the most expensive instant coffee i could find milicano... metallic can thought..this has to be nice.... Ehhh as bad as lidl muck !

How long ago was this legendary trip into Bewleys?

I also have an enduring memory of visiting that cafe with my mother and having a milky coffee and an almond bun. In my memory it was the most delicious thing I ever tasted.
    But I now realise that is more to do with the situation. I had never been out for a coffee before so it was an adventure and I probably would have drank a cup of dishwater. Which in my opinion is now better than what you would get from a Bewleys anywhere!

I guess im looking through rose tinted glasses here mate now that you ask me a long time ago... it was wow.... right so i guess im looking to drink a nice standard coffee. I have to say maxwell you hit the nail on the head there and yes i had a cinnamon bun if i recall and sometimes that classic COFFEE SLICEEEEEEE

• Advertisement

By the way i did buy one of these babies and 3 different packs of coffee with the filter bags....

http://teeccino.com/lifestyle/106/Drip-Coffee-Makers.html

Coffee was too cool ...not hot enough for me like it piping hot...
    Even when i took it straight from the pot after it has dripped....

Coffess were too strong tasting..........

Hmmm are these classed as good or crap or as bad as instant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I guess im looking through rose tinted glasses here mate now that you ask me a long time ago... it was wow.... right so i guess im looking to drink a nice standard coffee. I have to say maxwell you hit the nail on the head there and yes i had a cinnamon bun if i recall and sometimes that classic COFFEE SLICEEEEEEE

Oh the Coffee Slice..............Those were the days

Oh the Coffee Slice..............Those were the days

gawd i know...... with the pot a cha with mammy.... ilac...car park..... 1 quid an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Get a French press or aeropress. Instant better coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

JPA wrote: »
    Get a French press or aeropress. Instant better coffee.

and a decent little hand grinder like Hario Skerton. All can be picked up along with a nice bag of freshly roasted beans (make sure for filter and not espresso) from Coffee Angel or 3FE in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 hightide

IREL.

Advertisement