Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation due to contract changes error.

Options
  • 26-02-2015 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, I just got a final bill that is bizarrely looking for a load of money due to early cancellation. Does your billing department not know that eircom sent everyone a letter from Paul Doyle to inform them that they were making changes to their contracts and that we could withdraw without penalty within 30 days of receipt of said letter?

I chose to do that because apart from saving money by switching, I didn't trust the eircom administration ability since they messed every single thing possible during my initial order, all of which was filled out online and must have been transcribed later because my name was wrong, address misspelled, wrong bundle and price package, a router was sent when I said I didn't want one and the direct debit was never put through, even though I filled in those details.
    All was sorted except I couldn't be put on the correct billing plan for whatever reason and I was eventually given credit to cove the difference.

And now you guys think I'm going to pay for early cancellation after eircom decided to make my initial contract null and void?

Some serious changes need to occur in eircom, it's like no department knows what anyone else is doing.

I look forward to hearing from you and receiving a correct final bill and if there's anything owed for the final week then I'm happy to pay that. Otherwise, this bill will be ignored.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Saruman wrote: »
    Guys, I just got a final bill that is bizarrely looking for a load of money due to early cancellation. Does your billing department not know that eircom sent everyone a letter from Paul Doyle to inform them that they were making changes to their contracts and that we could withdraw without penalty within 30 days of receipt of said letter?

I chose to do that because apart from saving money by switching, I didn't trust the eircom administration ability since they messed every single thing possible during my initial order, all of which was filled out online and must have been transcribed later because my name was wrong, address misspelled, wrong bundle and price package, a router was sent when I said I didn't want one and the direct debit was never put through, even though I filled in those details.
    All was sorted except I couldn't be put on the correct billing plan for whatever reason and I was eventually given credit to cove the difference.

And now you guys think I'm going to pay for early cancellation after eircom decided to make my initial contract null and void?

Some serious changes need to occur in eircom, it's like no department knows what anyone else is doing.

I look forward to hearing from you and receiving a correct final bill and if there's anything owed for the final week then I'm happy to pay that. Otherwise, this bill will be ignored.
    Hi Saruman

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just to say that Alan sorted my query quickly and efficiently.

Just to say that Alan sorted my query quickly and efficiently.
    You're welcome Saruman

Please let me know if I can help in the future

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

Hi Saruman.

I have had the exactly the same problem as you. Got messed about a lot with getting account set up and credits etc... I'm 5 months into my 18 month contract.

I just received the same letter as you aswell about contract changes. 30 days to cancel

Does this mean I can cancel my service with eircom without paying full 18 months?

And if I am able to cancel my contract can I just simply move to another provider and give eircom my notice to cancel?

It is highly important that I do not loose my phone number which I have 40 years. I wouldn't want my line to be disconnected and then have to re-connect line with another provider and risk loosing my phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

mmc272 wrote: »

Hi Saruman.

I have had the exactly the same problem as you. Got messed about a lot with getting account set up and credits etc... I'm 5 months into my 18 month contract.

I just received the same letter as you aswell about contract changes. 30 days to cancel

Does this mean I can cancel my service with eircom without paying full 18 months?

And if I am able to cancel my contract can I just simply move to another provider and give eircom my notice to cancel?

It is highly important that I do not loose my phone number which I have 40 years. I wouldn't want my line to be disconnected and then have to re-connect line with another provider and risk loosing my phone number.
    Same situation yes. Either call them and inform them of cancellation (might offer a deal so could be worth it) or just initiate a switch, either way, they have made the contract you agreed to null and voide so you are under no obligation to stay with them if you don't wish. You can't lose your number unless you select not to transfer it when you switch so just pay attention and you will be fine.

• Advertisement

Hi Saruman.

Hi mmc272

It is best to call to notify eircom of your intent to switch so that an early cease fee does not wrongly occur.

eircom cancellations can be contacted on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

I gave a call today to 1800303731 to tell them that I'm moving to another provider. They have told me that I can't cancel because of the package I'm on.

But why did they send me a letter saying a could?

Can I PM my account number to you to check out if I'm able to opt out of my contract?

I gave a call today to 1800303731 to tell them that I'm moving to another provider. They have told me that I can't cancel because of the package I'm on.

But why did they send me a letter saying a could?

Can I PM my account number to you to check out if I'm able to opt out of my contract?
    Hi mmc272

Only eircoms cancellations team will be able to assist, please contact cancellations on free phone 1901 or 1800303605

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement