Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen car - North Co Dublin area

Options
  • 26-02-2015 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Hi all, wouls appreciate if you could keep an eye out for my mum's car, which was stolen from outside the house last night. It's a pale yellow Nissan Micra, 99 D 85885. It's the basic model, so it was stolen because it was easy to take, I'd imagine. If anyone sees it, could they let me know? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I'd say that car has already been crated up and shipped out to it's new owner in the Middle East or Eastern Europe by now.
    I bet if you look at the position data from the GPS tracker fitted you'll see it's last location was down by Dublin Docks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I'd say that car has already been crated up and shipped out to it's new owner in the Middle East or Eastern Europe by now.
    I bet if you look at the position data from the GPS tracker fitted you'll see it's last location was down by Dublin Docks.

not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Thanks Billy, my elderly mother who relies on the car get her around laughed so hard, she threw her recently-replaced hip out. How Al Porter has made a career in comedy and you, to the best of my knowledge, haven't, is surely one of life's great injustices.

Anyway, it has been found, so those Arabian sheikhs/Russian oligarchs will just have to look elsewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

What a stupid, idiotic and unhelpful comment. If you have nothing useful to say may I suggest you say nothing at all.

Glad it's been found OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Maybe they realised they stole wrong car. It was supposed to be the yellow corvette next door.

Glad it was found op. It's only a micra to everyone else....but its one persons baby. I hope there was little or no damage. Consider a gps tracker for around €100 if its so easily nicked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Micra's are too paddy spec for Eastern Europe. Taxes/insurance are much lower so people drive big engined cars.

It's probably burned out on a field somewhere unfortunately.

renofan wrote: »
    What a stupid, idiotic and unhelpful comment. If you have nothing useful to say may I suggest you say nothing at all.

Glad it's been found OP.

Not my intended target but you'll do.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Not my intended target but you'll do.... :)

Who was your intended target?

OP glad it's found as elderly people rely heavily on their cars. I only hope it was in good condition when found.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Actually... the plot from Gone in 60 Seconds aside, what's been happening lately is that cars have been knicked because someone didn't feel like walking a couple of miles.

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks like it's damaged (broken window, panel damage, steering column demolished to get it going)to the point that it will probably be written off. Looks like an argument with the insurance company is imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

blastman wrote: »
    I haven't seen it yet, but it looks like it's damaged (broken window, panel damage, steering column demolished to get it going)to the point that it will probably be written off. Looks like an argument with the insurance company is imminent.

Balls. That doesn't sound great.

I'd try and replace it with a like for like car if you can as it will be easier for Granny to sit into something she is familiar with. Check out the bangernomics thread and ask the guys there to help when the time comes. There are a lot of good Micras out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it's pale yellow, it is probably a nissan march, japanese model with no immobiliser fitted.
    Sadly the insurance company would write such a car off if it had a dented wing or cracked bumper.

It is an import, Colm, yeah, the omens aren't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Yeah... I can just see someone in Dubai waking up one morning and saying "you know? I fancy myself a pale yellow 99 Micra. I won't pay for it but what I'll do is get some guys to look for one in Ireland, steal it and then somehow have it shipped alllllll the way to the Middle East.. Some bargain".

Eejit of a post.

Three.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Three.... :)

You spelt troll wrong :)

Recovered the car this morning, looks like it was rallied around a field for a couple of hours and dumped. Basically wrecked it, pretty sure the insurance company will write it off. I really hope whoever is responsible impales themselves on something sharp and preferably red hot as soon as karma can get around to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Karma gets people like that eventually. I take it you'd rather see the car fixed up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

You probably know this, but Jap imports don't have the factory immobiliser, so an alarm is kind of essential on them.
    Basically if it has a square plate on the rear, it will be targetted.

dgt wrote: »
    Karma gets people like that eventually. I take it you'd rather see the car fixed up?

If the insurance would cover it, then probably, yeah. If they write it off, there's no point using that to fix it, better off replacing it, unfortunately.

Pablo, yeah, I know, I didn't think anyone would be bothered stealing a 16 year old 1 litre Micra. Guess I know better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Where abouts are you in N.Dublin? In Swords myself and there is some amount of car theft going on lately.

Not that it never existed before, but seems I'm hearing stories more frequently lately.

Advertisement