Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Ideas

Options
  • 26-02-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

What is a good holiday with an 18 month old? Would probably go between June-September. Looking for something with <2 hours flight, he tends to get cranky on longer flights. Something with trekking or city are not a good option as he would get tired walking or bored in a stroller. Beach gets incredibly boring after 10 mins and intense sun would not be good for his skin. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

18mths is a difficult age for exactly the reasons you've given - they don't want to be in the stroller but can't manage long periods on the go either. I've taken mine abroad when they were under 1 and again at 3+ but i've taken a pass on that stage in between and just holidayed in Ireland in self-catering houses near a beach and with hotel facilities. Both of mine just love water in any form and that's all they want from a holiday is to be able hit the pool or beach several times a day for as long as possible. They are 5 & 2 now and we did a weekend away recently, 2 nights and they managed to squeeze in 4 trips to the hotel pool, happy days.

The only place abroad jumping at me is Barcelona. I know it's a city but it has a Zoo, Aquarium, Beach, Park (Parc Guell). All of which can be fun for a toddler. It's also very child friendly, restaurants are very welcoming to families with babies, and lots of eating out of doors which is great again with the buggy. However, the Park is quite hilly and gravel surface, not the easiet to navigate with a stroller (we had our then 7mth old in a baby carrier), but he might walk around if ye bring a picnic and are in no rush, and i'm sure he'd sit on Daddy's shoulders too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We've done campsite holidays for the last two years and my daughter was 16 months last year. It worked out well and she could walk on the paths etc without constantly worrying about cars. Some days we rented bikes but she was having a large nap everyday so our days were divided into a morning activity like a walk and afternoon activity after lunch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We have done a few package holidays with the kids and the best with 1 or 2 would be Menorca but nothing beats a mobile home in France with the kids,they have so much freedom and they loved it .

Advertisement