Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desk/Table

Options
  • 26-02-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey All,

Slightly random one. Looking to replace my much worn ex-kitchen table currently holding my midi keyboard, speakers et al... is there anything purpose built or otherwise you've found that works well for you? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Unterlass, Arogsy and Sterling come to mind. If you know a carpenter that does good work, sometimes it can be better going that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I recently got a real beauty, http://www.zaorstudiofurniture.com/miza/miza-x/

It's expensive, but you'll be happy to sit at it forever and it gives clients the feel of a large format console.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bravo Oscar Bravo

Beauty alright... Probably out of my budget but lovely bit of gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

Managed to fit a lot for gear onto the basic ikea 'linnmon' table. Cheap and cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bravo Oscar Bravo

Ah good man/woman... That's my kind of budget alright. In the end I've just gone for the ikea bekant.. I'll have to get speaker stands n all but I couldn't afford the purpose made stuff, as gorgeous as some of the desks are.. When I'm rich and famous :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 kidfromkibbly

You should check out Ikea Hacks as well; repurpose Ikea products to a more custom use.

Can't post links yet, but just Google 'Dubspot Ikea Hack'

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Yes Kidfromkibbly! I just hacked an Ikea RAST with a couple of rack rails off ebay! They fit perfectly and it makes a really nice 19"desktop rack for kebab change prices!

Advertisement