Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godzone 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

So, so surprised this one little thread has not been made a sticky!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

I'm surprised Mike wasn't posting about it days ago!!! No dark zone this year and lots of competition at the pointy end .... should be very interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Just been out of the loop sleep, work, sleep , work etc..

Can't wait to track this. My dream goal.

And the're off ... tracking here
    First sleepmonsters report here

GO DAR DINGLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Glacier traverse was canned which is a pity. Beautiful country up there!

The satellite and tracking is AWESOME!!! http://godzoneadventure.com/live/tracking/

The details of CP location 'Tree 20m North of sign' are just fantastic. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Tracking is awesome alright. No major errors fro teh top 15 on the trek so far. It loked like VidaRaid had gone a a more scenic route that otehrs but have jumped ahead. Maybe they found better conditions? Hope DAR Dingle team are ok. They were solid in top 14 but seem to have dropped back a few places. Maybe they are asleep?

Seagate awesome as usual. Their route choice perfect and speed over the trek blazing.

Whoa.. Swordfox caught Seagate?! OK maybe for a minute, Seagate seem to be ahead again...

Ya Seagate are unreal. Swordfox did seem to be level with them a couple of hours ago but Seagate have put the boot down again now.

The link to the video on the triharder facebook/twitter gives an insight into the motivation of Seagate and Nathan in particular.

Their MO is to go hard and burn everyone else off.

On the tracker it looks like Vidaraid have closed the gap on Seagate and it's a bit back to Swordfox in 3rd but the latest sleepmonsters report seems to suggest the placings are the other way around.

DAR Dingle are going really well. I think they're in 16th place and look to be well inside the 2am cut off point on Wednesday :)

The videos are class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Enduro

First time I've not been able to dot-watch all the way and have had to play catch up. As usual, looks like a great course.

Great to see Seagate under real pressure in this race for a change. Keeps the race interesting from front to back. DAR look to be making very steady progress indeed. Great to see them holding there own out there. Two excellent navigators on the team will definitely stand to them (hope I haven't jinxed them there!).

That swim section would have killed me, especially if it was at night. You know its hard when even Seagate say they were under pressure.

• Advertisement

Seagate are unbelievable!! They are just blasting through that course. As the Kiwis would say themselves "Machines!!" fantastic to watch. They make shortwork of the trek and just danced through the orienteering stage as if it was a doddle.

I reckon they would be the right people to send off exploring a new planet. They'd be back a week later with it all mapped out :D

Bitterly disappointing for swordfox to have to pull out (one of them injured his knee). They were having a great battle with vidaraid. DAR Dingle still going well

From the latest sleepmonsters report it looks like it will be touch and go whether or not DAR Dingle will make the cut off

Doesn't look like they are on the water.

Well they're paddling now anyway, but I think it might be too late. Damn.

The race photographs are absolutely stunning. What a fantastic place to race.

Very interesting stuff going on at the moment. Night nav is causing big issues out there. Poor team 21 are tracking all over the place. It looks like Columbia might be having problems with the orienteering (hard to know how accurate the trackers are, but it looks like they're having issues). Seagate are going to run away with it again. Only flat cycling and kayaking left (and they're awesome kayakers). Chris Horn's nav looks like the key factor in opening up a huge gap.

Dot watching from afar is fun. Being lost in the dark unable to find controls and knowing you're being tracked whilst doing so is a navigator's nightmare!

Enduro wrote: »
    Well they're paddling now anyway, but I think it might be too late. Damn.

The race photographs are absolutely stunning. What a fantastic place to race.
    Ya it looks amazing. Is it on your to do list Enduro?

Ya it looks amazing. Is it on your to do list Enduro?

Not at the moment. Concentrating more on big ultras these days. Watching the coverage has given me a hankering to make a return trip to NZ though!

No surprise to see seagate taking the win yet again. Although it does sound like the great Nathan Faave was stretched on this one.

So DAR overslept mid-cycle and missed the cut-off as a result... yowser. Shows the danger of getting too comfortable mid-race.

Congrats to DAR Dingle on finishing the short course this morning :)

Ouch for Team Torpedo who would have finished third, just behind Vidaraid except they missed a CP!

Advertisement