Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BD/Barn Dance Festival

Options
  • 26-02-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭

Barn Dance festival has re-branded itself as BD festival this year, and this morning announced it's line up. It's on Good Friday 3rd of April and it's BYOB, it's in Glendalough House in Wicklow and buses run there and back from Custom House Quay in Dublin. Tickets are €60.

Line up includes Leftfield, Ben Sims, Frank B, Omar S, Benoit & Sergio, Smash Hits, Interskalactic, Jay Daniel, Hot Sprockets, Mundy and the Eskies.

Was looking to go to this but the line up has done nothing to reel me in, will see closer to the time. Has anyone been before who can comment on what it's like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Leftfield, bloody hell.

This thing just keeps getting bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's one of Leftfield DJing, not Leftfield live.

would like to see Omar-S and Jay Daniel, but not for 70 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I've no real knowledge of how festivals/promoters book their artists, but I often wonder is it worth their while to book acts such as Leftfield, Orbital, Underworld, especially when it's usually just a DJ set. These are acts that were around 20 years ago and their music isn't really relevant anymore. Maybe I'm being harsh but I was at Orbital on New Years eve and it was a weird gig, most of the younger crowd (generally most people who are out are in their 20s) weren't really into the tunes, you did get a bit of an older crowd who were into it but most of these lads are probably in their late 30s/40s now and wouldn't be as likely to go to these gigs anymore.

Just strikes me as a weird headliner kind of - generally won't appeal to most of their normal crowd and they surely won't lure too many of the 35+ crowd back. Have a feeling EP could book Underworld too to further add to my disappointment, although at least at Picnic you will get a good lot of an older crowd who would go to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thats not a great line up for the price, the Leftfield DJ set at Life was alright, maybe if it was the band that played RockNess and Electric Picnic 2010, but not a DJ set. The line up would need to get some big names for the price they are asking.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Anyone heading then?

Any advice on buses etc. based on previous years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Any after action reports from this year?

I remember last year was bitterly cold at night, and the queues for the buses were painful at the end. Couldn't drag myself to it this year after that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I enjoyed it, pretty good vibe (apart from the occasional scumbag and out of it 17 year old) and nice small setup.

I stayed near whelans stage for the majority of it and left at about 2:30 to get one if the first buses. Was fairly painless. The other more 'dancey' areas might have been a bit ropier and could have been pretty **** if Qing for a bus.

Would do it again and stick to the same plan.

Advertisement