Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good value website

• 26-02-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

hi i`m new to this thread and cyclig and was wonder could ye please point me in the direction of some good value websites for cycling gear to get start. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Its hard to get value anywhere.

I just got a new rear sprocket for my 180bhp motorcycle at 1/4 of the price of one for my road bicycle.

Worlds gone mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Sports direct has well priced cycling gear. Shorts, bibs, jerseys, base layers, shoes etc. I have bought a few bits and pieces from them and find them good value. Don't go with cheapest usually but still cheaper than anywhere here. Comparable items in sports world but more expensive.
    Wiggle.co.uk is good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

AliExpress - The quality is astonishing for the low prices you'd be paying for the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

AliExpress - The quality is astonishing for the low prices you'd be paying for the gear.

+1 but the quality of the shorts (the most important bit of gear) isnt as good as the more reputable sites but everything else is spot on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

cavan4sam wrote: »
    +1 but the quality of the shorts (the most important bit of gear) isnt as good as the more reputable sites but everything else is spot on

They are excellent but I didn't realise that all of China seems to shut down for February. I ordered stuff 3 weeks ago and it hadn't even been made yet. I was talking to two separate sellers and they both say that all the factory staff are off for Chinese new year for all of February. They were quick enough to take my money though. Quite annoyed by that as I wanted the stuff by the end of March and there's not a prayer I'll have it by then at this stage. Just a little warning for next year maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Just to add: I have last years model of muddy fox carbon shoes from sports direct which I find to be great. The shoes i've got are now discontinued and has been replaced by this years model which is priced at 83.99e. However sports direct have a 20% discount code FEB20 which expires at midnight on the 2nd march so with that, the shoes look to be great value at 67e.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Its hard to get value anywhere.

I just got a new rear sprocket for my 180bhp motorcycle at 1/4 of the price of one for my road bicycle.

Worlds gone mad.

Single sprocket for motorbike v cassette for bicycle?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

If you want something Irish - both www.alimaysports.com and www.swimcyclerun.com are Irish, and good value for the brands that they sell.

As other have said, if you want something non-branded so you don't have to spend a lot of money as you get into the sport - AliExpress is good, but the wait can be anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 months depending on the seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Rose site has a lot of gear and parts as well as bikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I bought a number of jerseys from sellers there before Christmas and find them a bit rubbish really. Whatever it is about the material they're made of, they seem to make my sweat smell 10 times more than with other jerseys I have. I bought DHB jerseys on wiggle for commuting and they are far better quality and still very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hu Deman

4thebike.de often has good offers and bike24 is another.

Advertisement