Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy nitro cars around dublin?

• 26-02-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭

lo, i used to have a nitro rc car in the eighties and would love to get back into it now that i have some time and money, but cant find any shops around dublin that stock them.
    tried capel street and marks models but they either dont stock or have almost no nitro models or accessories.

Since it's been about 25 years since i last used a nitro car, i would really need a shop that can help instead of just buying online and hoping for the best.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Also look at the clubs near you so you might have somewhere to run the car....
    People in clubs will help u way more than shops

www.nnn.ie

www.dublinmodelracing.com

www.orcaireland.ie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/310250975710174/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

cheers for the replies. i had bought some stuff at radiocontrolledshop but they are now online only and dont open to the public anymore. fine if you know what you want. not so much if you need advice on what to get if you are starting out.

i was looking at orcaireland as the st annes track is near me, but dont know much about what models or classes are used there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Skatedude wrote: »
    cheers for the replies. i had bought some stuff at radiocontrolledshop but they are now online only and dont open to the public anymore. fine if you know what you want. not so much if you need advice on what to get if you are starting out.

i was looking at orcaireland as the st annes track is near me, but dont know much about what models or classes are used there

Cant stress this enough, go down and talk to the lads racing there.
    Guys at the track will tell you what to buy, and wheres best to buy it.
    But as far as I know, theres 1/8th ic on road, 1/10th electric on road (1/10th ic too i think). I think theres a bit of large scale on road too (1/5th).

Calendar is on their website so you know when the will be there...

http://www.orcaireland.ie/calendar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Cheers for the info, the season starts in a week or two so should be able to get info from them during the events.

• Advertisement
Advertisement