Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

S1000R

• 26-02-2015 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one?

I test rode one last year and loved it. I'm looking to change the GSXR and the S1R is quite appealing to me. I'd be using it all year round to commute and a few weekend blasts.

Never bought a brand new bike before though :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

DaveD wrote: »
    Anyone have one?

I test rode one last year and loved it. I'm looking to change the GSXR and the S1R is quite appealing to me. I'd be using it all year round to commute and a few weekend blasts.

Never bought a brand new bike before though :o

I've no experience with the S1000R but after owning a BMW for the last three years I'd advise you to steer well clear of dealing with those shower of contemptible bastards in Joe Duffys (Finglas).

I've had endless trouble with them, not once have they done a job on my bike which didn't have to go back at least a number of times to have their bad work made right.. I'd advise anyone to steer clear of these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Am i right though that the only sales in Ireland is Joe Duffy's & Keary's in Cork?

In fairness JD's sales have been great to deal with so far and have given a decent trade in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Am i right though that the only sales in Ireland is Joe Duffy's & Keary's in Cork?

In fairness JD's sales have been great to deal with so far and have given a decent trade in price.

I bought off them before (joe duffy). My advice is to get in writing exactly what bike you agreed to including exact model, colour, optional extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

IMHO sales is often the most pleasent part of any purchase. Its aftercare that sets the good retailers apart from the bad

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    IMHO sales is often the most pleasent part of any purchase. Its aftercare that sets the good retailers apart from the bad

This x100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

There's Maddocks in Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If I was buying one I would deffo head to Kearys in Cork. Sure the spin home would be heaven sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

the s1000r looks like a great bike its getting very good reviews, i would go for the newer s1000xr which looks like a more practical machine, not exactly cheap tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

szatan84 wrote: »
    There's Maddocks in Bray.

Maddocks is too far from me to have had any work carried out, but I know Paddy Maddock over 25 years now and he's always been a gentleman.

I've heard lots of mixed reviews about Maddox. Can be bang on one minute and a complete arséhole the next. And that's from a few people. Nothing that would fill me with confidence tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement