Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VMWare / Apple

Options
  • 26-02-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this doesn't deserve it's own thread, feel free to delete.

Just wondering if anyone here has worked for either of these in Cork, and what it was like? I know from asking around already that Apple seem to be a bit notorious for keeping people on temporary contracts, but that doesn't really bother me in the slightest at the moment to be honest, as I'd really only be new to the industry. What should I know/expect going for either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I've heard some pretty great things about vmware and the ability to progress etc. Tried for a job there myself previously without any luck. Also sounds like a nice place to work.

I believe apple can be a somewhat stressful environment but I'd say there's nothing better than an apple on your cv!

What area are you looking at specifically, sales, support, engineering etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Contract wont be with Apple, it will be with an out sourcing company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I know a guy working for Apple, 23 month contract then when they get a bit quiet they just give you 0 hours so you don't earn anything, then they just ring you a few weeks later to go back to work, this is production line work though,
    I doubt they mess everyone around like the that, they do it to break your time up aswell so you have less rights!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Worked in both, VMware no contest.

IMO in Apple they think you should be grateful for working in Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

I was in Vmware for 7 months in Sales department. personally i didn't have a good experiance , lot of micro managment. and so on. I know that they let go of lot of staff few months back, something they seam to do every year or so.

But guess it all depends on which department you end up in. I tend to use below website to get an idea of a company. Even if you shouldn't base a decission based on the reviews it can perhaps help :).

http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Thanks for all the replies lads, the info is appreciated.

Basically the recruitment team I've spoken to on a few occasions said my skills are in high demand, and it seems overall a good environment, so I'll try get my interview soon. Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Thanks for all the replies lads, the info is appreciated.

Basically the recruitment team I've spoken to on a few occasions said my skills are in high demand, and it seems overall a good environment, so I'll try get my interview soon. Cheers again.

What skills do you have? Have you looked at other similar companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭what?

Bit late to the part here....
    I work there in support.
    What do you want to know?

Advertisement