Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Windows Phone compatible ear phones

Options
  • 26-02-2015 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a pair of windows compatible ear buds? Looking for mid range, €40-€60. Media controls that work on windows phone (mic, pickup\hang up call, volumes, skip tracks). If possible, must also have low cord noise (noise that resonates through the cable when you're walking).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I use iPhone compatible klipsch earphones with my 930. Great yokes. Only button that works is the middle one though, (answer/hangup/play/pause/next song). I don't think windows phone supports the volume up/down button on any headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I thought that Android compatible headsets would work. The made for iPhone ones have a different pin layout and that is probably why the other functions from an iPhone headset don't work on WP or Android Phones.

8rFy3.jpg

I'm open to correction on whether the Android Headsets work with WP, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I thought that Android compatible headsets would work. The made for iPhone ones have a different pin layout and that is probably why the other functions from an iPhone headset don't work on WP or Android Phones.

8rFy3.jpg

I'm open to correction on whether the Android Headsets work with WP, though.

iPhone and android ones have the same connector. The extra terminal is needed for the microphone. I remember the difference being that iPhone swapped two of the terminals but my headphones work on windows phone and android. Just don't allow you to change volume but i think that is a hardware restriction on the phone side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

From what I can gather, some Android phones have adopted the Apple standard for volume controls. You can really only be sure by buying a Windows compatible headset. a-Jays Five have 3 different versions for Windows, Apple and Android. But I decided just to go without the volume controls and got the Sol Republic Jax. Can answer calls, play and pause but volume controls are iPhone only.

Interestingly though, a long press of the button will launch Cortana (or Bing search if you don't have Cortana). Not sure if Cortana can control the volume, if so it's a good work around for the volume controls. In fact, it gives you control of everything including choosing albums and seeking tracks, shuffle play etc. Pretty cool.

Advertisement