Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax liability

Options
  • 26-02-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, My wife and I moved back from Northern Ireland last year having lived and worked there for several years.
    I still work there and commute from Southern Ireland, I own a property in Southern Ireland which is rented and I have paid tax in both jurisdictions on the rental income.
    We both have fixed term deposit accounts in a Northern Irish bank which are maturing soon and we are wondering if we will need to pay tax in Ireland on some, all or none of the interest etc on bringing the money to an ROI bank account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭roast222

You will include this income on your Irish Tax return and claim relief for any foreign (UK) tax deducted on the interest. It will be pooled with your other income from rent and employment in calculating your overall tax liability in Ireland.

Advertisement