Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does Mo Farah stack up in the history books?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

For a woman/man that likes her/his stats you may want to get the stopwatch out and replay the last 800 of the 2013 World championship 5000 in Moscow. Tick Tock.

My bad! Can't know it all!

I knew you'd be waiting in the shadows for a slipup.

Point on the 800m speed still stands though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

NiallG4 wrote: »
    And I quote
    "I worked harder this year than last year," he added. "My split of 1min 51sec for the last 800m shows that. The guys who finished second and third could win any championships. They could have beaten me in London."

Maybe you can now change your condescending tone. We all have our own opinions. Maybe you think a guy closing a 5K with a 1.51 800M is just nice progression but I for one don't buy it.

How is my tone condescending? I merely pointed out that ye were making false claims and countering which was what a debate is about in my opinion.

Yeah, it's all just our opinions which will all be different. I was just saying that there can be more to progression than the obvious and people tend to jump on the bandwagon of doping too quickly and without any other consideration. Judging whether someone is doping or not by performance gains alone is critcally flawed.

Everyone jumps on Farah about that but there have been far more spectacular performances over history in athletics then anything Mo has done. A bit of skepticism is good but making claims on the back of scepticism alone has no standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

How is my tone condescending? I merely pointed out that ye were making false claims and countering which was what a debate is about in my opinion.

Yeah, it's all just our opinions which will all be different. I was just saying that there can be more to progression than the obvious and people tend to jump on the bandwagon of doping too quickly and without any other consideration. Judging whether someone is doping or not by performance gains alone is critcally flawed.

Everyone jumps on Farah about that but there have been far more spectacular performances over history in athletics then anything Mo has done. A bit of skepticism is good but making claims on the back of scepticism alone has no standing.

Fair enough. We will agree to differ. I would be very confident in my opinion but you seem confident in yours and that's good. The worst part of this is we will probably never know. Lets not forget Lance never failed a test.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

pconn062 wrote: »
    Guys, gentle reminder as I don't want to stop what is an interesting discussion but drug speculation without proof is against the charter and not allowed. I've had to edit a few posts.

And here is a link to the forum charter for those that may have missed it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055254160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bit too optimistic? EL G thinks Mo has it in him!

https://twitter.com/ElguerroujHicha

Congratulation @Mo_Farah for the 2miles WR,that's amazing.Seeing you running,I believe you can break the mile as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

rom wrote: »
    Looks like a cracking race on Sunday morning.

Live stream is 11:30am UTC

There's a thread already down a few pages rom. Can't link because of my postcount.

It's supposed to lash rain on Sunday and if that happens, nobody will be chasing a WR. Should be interesting to see the race strategy though. If kibet and co go out at world record pace, Mo has to go with them in my opinion.

He said all he wants to do is run under 60. Hopefully, the weather is good because IMO, Kibet has a serious chance of challenging the world record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

There's a thread already down a few pages rom. Can't link because of my postcount.

It's supposed to lash rain on Sunday and if that happens, nobody will be chasing a WR. Should be interesting to see the race strategy though. If kibet and co go out at world record pace, Mo has to go with them in my opinion.

He said all he wants to do is run under 60. Hopefully, the weather is good because IMO, Kibet has a serious chance of challenging the world record.

Don't know how I missed it. Must stop this working lark :)

Advertisement