Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter v Celtic EL 2nd Leg Setanta Ireland 18:00

• 26-02-2015 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭

With the tie balanced at 3-3, Inter will be favourites to go through in the San Siro.

Celtic will need to cut out the individual and collective defensive errors from last week. However there was enough in Celtic's display last week in an attacking sense to give them a live chance of progressing tonight.

'mon Celtic

ronnyroars.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Celtic team v Inter: Gordon; Matthews, Denayer, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton; Mackay-Steven, Johansen, Armstrong; Guidetti

Celtic subs: Zaluska, Ambrose, Stokes, Commons, Wakaso, Forrest, Henderson.

Griffiths not even on the bench, picked up a knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Celtic team v Inter: Gordon; Matthews, Denayer, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Bitton; Mackay-Steven, Johansen, Armstrong; Guidetti

Celtic subs: Zaluska, Ambrose, Stokes, Commons, Wakaso, Forrest, Henderson.

Griffiths not even on the bench, picked up a knock.

There's a lot of goals in that team.

At both ends

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Had to score that, can't be missing chances. May not get a clearer opportunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Appalling decisions from the Ref, he is definitely a homer

Celtic down to 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Very very harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Should have been a corner too

The incompetent ref missed a volley from an Inter player when he was 10 yards away and should have gave a corner, then he books VVD for a nothing challenge when the Inter player goes up to him and gives the card sign

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Players who motion the ref to card other players should be given a yellow themselves. Scumbag behaviour.

Ridiculous decision. Any chance in the tie now virtually gone. If ever there was a case for video playback, you've just seen it.

Watching with romanian commentary, can anyone enlighten me as to van dijks alleged sin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Celtic playing some good stuff even with 10 men. James Forrest on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

We're struggling to get any kind of possession now, hard to see how we'll create a chance. Not great options on the bench.

Izzy needs to keep the head or he'll be joining Van Dijk

Biton is some player

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

The officials are a disgrace

Nice try by Commons, that would've been sweet

Great goal tbf but the ref has fcuked us over

Different story I think had the ref been competent

Hope someone chins the ref at the whistle, preferably Ambrose

We wuz robbed. Could have done with a goalkeeping display like that last week

Proud of the attitude from Celtic and I like the way Delia has us playing. Bitton has been a revelation under Delia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Have to say that Ref was woeful. I reckon but for him you may have went through

• Advertisement

Proud of the attitude from Celtic and I like the way Delia has us playing. Bitton has been a revelation under Delia

Yeah it really looks like a great team in the making, not just matching Inter in 2 games but doing it by playing good passing football. Hopefully the improvement will continue but the summer will be key with some big players probably moving on. We need to have our homework done to have decent replacements lined up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Have to say that Ref was woeful. I reckon but for him you may have went through

I was worried I was being biased by thinking the same until I read this post :D

Shocking refereeing, good performance even after the sending off up until the last 10 minutes when the team understandably tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

After the European performances at the start of Deila's reign the last two games were an enormous step forward. I can only fault him for bringing Forrest on tonight, it basically left us playing the last 30 mins with 9 men against 12.

After the European performances at the start of Deila's reign the last two games were an enormous step forward. I can only fault him for bringing Forrest on tonight, it basically left us playing the last 30 mins with 9 men against 12.

I can see what he was going for with Forrest, a guy that can get the ball deep and run at defenders. Unfortunately that's the Forrest of a few years ago. Injuries have really put stop to his development and I can't see him getting much game time now with GMS and Armstrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Looked like ye died on yer feet, hard luck.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Looked like ye died on yer feet, hard luck.

With the help of a knife in the back from the ref

The future is looking good anyway. Happy with how we played tonight everything considered.

ronnyroars.gifronnyroars.gifronnyroars.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Ronny doing a great job by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nice to see Craig Gordon playing well. I read he had a difficult game in the first leg, but overall I believe he has been doing quite well? Great to see after his injury troubles.

• Advertisement

Disappointing to go out. Should really have won the 1st leg. Van Dijk was on a yellow before the dubious 2nd yellow. That tilted the balance too far in tonight's game. Definite signs of progression under Ronny Deila.

Paully D wrote: »
    Nice to see Craig Gordon playing well. I read he had a difficult game in the first leg, but overall I believe he has been doing quite well? Great to see after his injury troubles.

He's been brilliant since he joined aside from the 1st half last week. Losing Forster in the summer looked a big loss for us but Gordon has been a great replacement. Hopefully his injury problems are behind him

He's been excellent. Keane was right about him after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

He had a nightmare in the first leg, but was absolutely outstanding tonight.

Advertisement