Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Spring forward - March 9th

• 26-02-2015 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

Credit cards at the ready.

----

Apple on Thursday sent out invites for a special event to be held on March 9, 2015. The event will be held in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, a venue that Apple has used many times before for special events.

It is widely expected that Apple will use the event to give more details about the Apple Watch, which was introduced last September.

There are still many details about the Apple Watch that we don’t know, including pricing of the various configurations that we could find out in March.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The day after the US clocks go forward...good timing for a watch (no pun intended...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

For some reason I've a feeling Apple won't release the Watch here till a few months later and will restrict it to US only at first. Hopefully not but they probably will imo. Even though there will be less demand compared to the iPhone and iPad I can see them doing this as its moving into a new category and they will probably roll it out slowly.

Hard to say really, I'd expect them to be available at least in Belfast on launch day or shortly after. I don't think it'll be a few months.

Anyone planning on picking one up on launch day without having tried one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It will be like the phone. U.S. and U.K. will be day one. Ireland afterwards probably second tier. If you go to apple.com you'll see they have a watch section same with apple.com/uk go to apple.com/ie and there's no watch section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

DubDJ wrote: »
    For some reason I've a feeling Apple won't release the Watch here till a few months later and will restrict it to US only at first. Hopefully not but they probably will imo. Even though there will be less demand compared to the iPhone and iPad I can see them doing this as its moving into a new category and they will probably roll it out slowly.

The iWatch will be released here in Belfast. I choose to ignore the border. It makes life so much easier.

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »

Read this earlier and at first I thought maybe it would be Canada or China he mentioned but mentioning Germany it looks like it might be similar to an iPhone release. Hopefully it'll only be a few weeks wait at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Currently living about 25km from the centre. Taking the morning off to go get some snaps, fanboy tourism!

Some good info now coming out about the watch:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/06/the-apple-watch-is-time-saved/

Not a hands-on review but info gleaned from various sources.

9 hours 30 minutes to go :)

• Advertisement

There's a chance I might come home from college early to watch...

At least the live stream works on iOS devices. So if you've got 4G you'll be sorted.

Is this happening at 5pm or 6pm? It's normslly 6 but I've added the reminder from the Apple website and that's telling me 5pm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

5pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

America has sprung forward. So 5 pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Will this only be about the watch. Any other surprises possible?

Updated Apple TV perhaps?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

murpho999 wrote: »
    Will this only be about the watch. Any other surprises possible?

Updated Apple TV perhaps?

Unlikely. Probably another year away.

The 12-inch Retina MBA is a slim possibility.

Probably 8.2 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

America has sprung forward. So 5 pm.
    True. It'd be ironic to miss the live event about Apple Watch because of a timing mistake, eh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So this is at 5 our time? Kinda excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

cloud493 wrote: »
    So this is at 5 our time? Kinda excited.

Yep almost 20 mins away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Stream is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Anyone else having streaming issues? The video won't play at all for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Lardy wrote: »
    Anyone else having streaming issues? The video won't play at all for me?

You need to let it sit for a bit and it will play.

Rock solid here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

FourFourFM wrote: »
    You need to let it sit for a bit and it will play.

Been waiting for about 10 mins... :(

Apple TV price drop - 69 usd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

First Ipod - 2nd gen
    First Ipad - 2nd gen
    First Ipad Mini - 2nd gen
    First Iphone - 5 (previous gens too small, now have 6 plus, too bloody big)
    Mac book pro and air, two apple TVs

Kind of an apple fan but will probably hold off buying a smart watch until it is waterproof and can make and receive calls.

• Advertisement

Apple TV price drop is decent. Not much of a hype around here this time though. Also don't wanna jinx it but the stream is solid so far for me.

Advertisement