Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone shop Maynooth

Options
  • 26-02-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Their exchange/refund policy states that phone must still be in shrink wrap. When I opened it, I realised my SIM card won't fit in (neither was I offered any SIM or asked any questions about my current phone). Can I return the phone? I would rather take my business elsewhere as I don't feel I got very good customer service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They'll tell you to get a SIM card, offer it immediately if they have the network contract; or cut it if applicable. Its not their responsibility to make sure the SIM fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

L1011 wrote: »
    They'll tell you to get a SIM card, offer it immediately if they have the network contract; or cut it if applicable. Its not their responsibility to make sure the SIM fits.

Isn't it even their responsibility to ask? I can't remember the last time I've received less than satisfactory customer service.

Other shops offer to import contact lists etc. also

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Isn't it even their responsibility to ask? I can't remember the last time I've received less than satisfactory customer service.

Other shops offer to import contact lists etc. also

No, its not.

Your network will provide a replacement card likely for free, immediately in one of their brand stores or via a contracted store but its up to you to ask.

What other stores do as customer service doesn't equate to responsibilities. Crap customer service can and does happen when no rules are broken.

Got sorted. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

So if the service was so bad why did you buy the phone in the first place?

• Advertisement

Staplor wrote: »
    So if the service was so bad why did you buy the phone in the first place?

Me net had changed hands at the beginning as I knew what phone I wanted When walked in.

I expected to be looked after sufficiently and wrongly assumed so. My mistake.

Also I thought it was a proper Vodafone shop. It's not.

Advertisement