Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Eurosong Eurosong Show - 27th. February 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think she could do surpringly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Has anyone won by hiding behind a piano?

I think some Rock n Roll kids did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

mad m wrote: »
    Seriously though...can someone explain where those points at end came from, I missed that part. 30,40,50,60 points?

They quantize the audience votes... it's a really stupid system, lacking in any transparency... And no I dont trust the PWC guy to do anything other than doctor the numbers in his own interest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That was a tough 7 hours of TV but in the end the song that was chosen is one that I'm not embarrassed by, so that's a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Well that was great craic :rolleyes:

Mairead Farrell 12 points

Adios Amigos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I think this is the worst song ireland has ever sent to eurovision, im nearly asleep listening to it, shocking song altogether
    I voted for it, what ya goin do about it? I win again at life! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

She is good and the song is great, good choice! Just so long as some country doesn't wheel out another freak show (Lordi, Conchita), we will do well.

Lordi were no freak show.

That All Blacks makes me want to put a rugby ball through the telly... sanctimonious boll*x...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well, that was good.

Ha, I'm joking of course. I blame myself for watching.

Actually, I blame you all. No way I would've watched that b*llocks without the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ah the song that I voted for didn't win. Ah well; better luck next time.

Congratulations Molly. I hope you do well. Night Night everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I think this is the worst song ireland has ever sent to eurovision, im nearly asleep listening to it, shocking song altogether

Dustin ? Jedward ? Seriously ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Well boardsies, the poll stills points to ze Swedens

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ha, I'm joking of course. I blame myself for watching. Actually, I blame you all. No way I would've watched that b*llocks without the thread.

I thought it was gonna be far better craic, Donie... Awful lot of filler with that audience nonsense and Tubridy trying to buy time so that they didnt make a balls up of the tele-voting....

However, I do have a WWII submarine movie to watch now...

SHIP AHOY ...... *SALUTES*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well we can forget about getting any points from Sweden this year. :pac:

Night folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Righty.. off to bed. Night all.. thanks for a fun thread as always! See ye next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Groundhog week in Ireland

Groundhog day 1: we do 5hit at Eurovision

The few days: Groundhog Days 2-6: Everyone debates what's gone wrong with us. The common suggestion is, the Late Late Show audience is the wrong crowd to be picking the song/singer

Everyone forgets about it for about 9 months

Groundhog day7: We put the selection process on TLLS again, which is basically an exact repeat of the last several years...same comments....same debate....same clips....same guests.....just different songs and singers....but the same level of 5hitness!

Repeat as infinite loop!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I don't know lads, but I can't take to that song at all!! Give me the Shoulder song any day of the week.

That said, however, neither have any real chance in making it out of the semi final in my estimation, and I'm usually optimistic about our chances!

I think all five songs were quite poor selections, particularly for Eurovision entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Hope nobody took that 7/1 odds on Erika Selin. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'll take bets that Nikki Kavanagh will start throwing some punches in the Eurozone

Sure she only has to start roaring and everyone will run!!.....:eek:

Good night All!.....

Great Thread WM as usual!.....

Live Long and Prosper indeed!!......:( RIP Mr Spock.....

Stay safe!! xxx gsw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Did the Galway Jury give their lowest vote to the winner?

A russian leader shooting dead his rival...? Well that's odd....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think they were the same.

50% of votes. So lowest was twenty. The lowest jury was 4. 4x5 juries= 20 lowest points.

Maybe.

No i actually don't follow that at all, they went round to 5 countries, where did those votes come from??? -

And then your saying those votes only make up 50% of the votes, are these from the other 21/27 counties?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    When Linda Martin is off the panel, another 20 years should do it. :p

"What is dead may never die, But rises again harder and stronger."

Sorry, Game Of Thrones quote

I
    However, I do have a WWII submarine

Me too, heading out to Atlantic to do spot of fishing later, I take home everything, try stop me in my submarine EU rule heads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da!

Or as they say in Sweden, 'godnatt' ;)

• Advertisement

I thought it was gonna be far better craic, Donie... Awful lot of filler with that audience nonsense and Tubridy trying to buy time so that they didnt make a balls up of the tele-voting....

However, I do have a WWII submarine movie to watch now...

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Ha, submarines. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Chuffed for her, hope it does well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da!

Or as they say in Sweden, 'godnatt' ;)

Pack of Ikea Meatballs in post to you to watch with the match.....

You'll have to talk to the ladies about something!!...:p xxx

Some bleedin tie on old "WHAT?" McGrionna there.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Dive! Dive! Dive!

Ha, submarines. Brilliant.
    ...and you fire torpedos too, blow chunks off the cliffs of moher, might craic altogether!

• Advertisement

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    "What is dead may never die, But rises again harder and stronger."

Sorry, Game Of Thrones quote

She not in Walking Dead, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Great thread as usual :D

See you all in May, take care :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mumha wrote: »
    Dustin ? Jedward ? Seriously ...

I'm not a fan of Jedward myself but, to be fair to them, they put up a good showing the first time round so I certainly wouldn't class them in the "Worst Irish Eurovision entries" category.

Dustin, Micky Joe Harte, and the McCaul siblings were all far worse than Edward & John.

Can't believe Spock is dead. Loved him.

Very sad that news.

"He and captain spock flew around in their spaceship, tackling social issues".

I remember the time they helped the Ferengi setting up their Social Welfare system....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

They quantize the audience votes... it's a really stupid system, lacking in any transparency... And no I dont trust the PWC guy to do anything other than doctor the numbers in his own interest...

are you saying the other 50% came from the audience, and they just multiple their % by 4, to get the points?:confused:

Surely that can't be a fair way of doing it - for example the girl that won had her family in the audience, while i doubt the sweedish crowd had any family members.

One thing that really annoys about that show is the judges, talking abut the first time they heard it. This should be their first time, when it comes to voting, most countries will only hear Ireland' song once.

"He and captain spock flew around space tackling social issues".

I remember the time they helped the Ferengi setting up their Social Welfare system....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Well shure we've tried everything else from Jedward to Dustin to the McCauls. This is going to be another turkey I bet - Coulter was right in his evaluation earlier, it has no beginning or end, forgettable really. I don't think the " she's only 16 years old" will carry much weight with the European voters. Anyway we've done that before with Dana. Probably won't get thru the qualifying round! I doubt any of the acts tonight would make it through to the final tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I wish Molly well, she is very talented, I just hope that she is able to handle the fickleness of the next stage. I do hope that we get to hear more from Molly outside of the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A nice song but nothing special imo. I'm just hoping it can get out of the semi final, it's never as much fun when we don't make it to the main show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Ace2007 wrote: »
    No i actually don't follow that at all, they went round to 5 countries, where did those votes come from??? -

And then your saying those votes only make up 50% of the votes, are these from the other 21/27 counties?:confused::confused:

5 juries. So a collection of counties I guess, I dunno.

Jury vote public vote
    5x4 20
    5x6. 30
    5x8. 40
    5x10. 50
    5x12. 60

Edit: that looked better writing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Normal cookie cutter stuff, the winner does not sound like a Eurovision song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It's between Erika and Nikki, isn't it?

Or so it seemed at the time - instead it was between Molly and Kat... :eek: :eek: :o:o:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A nice song but nothing special imo. I'm just hoping it can get out of the semi final, it's never as much fun when we don't make it to the main show.

Is good, but not Eurovision. It's the type of song you know you can run to the toilet, grab a beer and more goodies during without missing anything exciting or interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I don't think the " she's only 16 years old" will carry much weight with the European voters. Anyway we've done that before with Dana.

Dana was 18, though. :o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wibbles19

Best song out of a pretty poor offering. Ryan said over 300 entries, I reckon I will spend 10 mins in the loo with my 10 year old and a one string guitar and blow Linda Martins mind next year. There will be why me everywhere!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Ace2007 wrote: »
    are you saying the other 50% came from the audience, and they just multiple their % by 4, to get the points?:confused:

Surely that can't be a fair way of doing it - for example the girl that won had her family in the audience, while i doubt the sweedish crowd had any family members.

One thing that really annoys about that show is the judges, talking abut the first time they heard it. This should be their first time, when it comes to voting, most countries will only hear Ireland' song once.

Audience vote = Public vote (Televote)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I thought the songs this year were much better than previous years. 3 of the songs you would be happy sending. Nikki's and the 1st song were poor I thought. Charlie's song was good but I thought the performance of the singer wasn't great. Erika probably gave the best performance. But there would be several songs like it in the Eurovision. As Panti was referring to, Molly on the piano won't have too many similar performances at eurovision. I just hope her performance doesn't get lost up on the big stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Dana was 18, though. :o:D:);)

Yeah, I know but she was marketed in the same way they're already speaking of this girl Molly - teenager, unknown, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Delighted Molly won tonight. As Panti said, cute; young performers have always done well in Eurovision, with Emilie de Forest & Lena winning in recent years.

A lot of people are saying it's "not a Eurovision song", well i don't know what is a "Eurovision" song these days. Look at the surprise finishing of The Netherlands' last two entries, neither of which you would call typical Eurovision songs. The typical Euro-dance song is not as popular anymore, so I'm glad we didn't send another one as we always seem to be a year or two behind when we try to chase what's popular.

They really need to get the staging and styling right. I believe she should be on her own on the stage and hope they don't try to sex her up with heaps of makeup and fake tan, though she seems to have her own cool style, so hopefully she'll stick to that.

Advertisement