Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound proofing

Options
  • 26-02-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I've heard this is expensive but I've no real idea what's involved, as with a lot of houses built in the past decade my walls have zero sound proofing and the house next door is rented to a couple with a young child so I hear everything. I'd only really want it downstairs, say 10 metres in length. Do they have to rebuild the wall or can they just extend out the existing wall? I wouldn't mind losing a few inches of the rooms as they're quite big. I'd much rather have some peace and quiet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

I've heard this is expensive but I've no real idea what's involved, as with a lot of houses built in the past decade my walls have zero sound proofing and the house next door is rented to a couple with a young child so I hear everything. I'd only really want it downstairs, say 10 metres in length. Do they have to rebuild the wall or can they just extend out the existing wall? I wouldn't mind losing a few inches of the rooms as they're quite big. I'd much rather have some peace and quiet.
    We did it for few houses in Kildare area, quick and cheep. fill the gaps and add soundboard. Only thing You have to do is repaint the walls.

Advertisement