Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

halford bike stand for cleaning

• 26-02-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Just wondering would these do the job guys(newbies cant post links there the ones for 15 euro)
    Just for cleaning as i know feck all about maintanance as im new to all this.Winter cycles have the new bike pretty dirty gota get something quick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

willdill wrote: »
    Just wondering would these do the job guys(newbies cant post links there the ones for 15 euro)
    Just for cleaning as i know feck all about maintanance as im new to all this.Winter cycles have the new bike pretty dirty gota get something quick

I just had a look there, €60 you'd have to be mad. For that money you'd get the same type on Amazon.co.uk and the start of a half decent tool set for basic mechanics (youtube has some great clips for the beginner mechanic).

If you'd rather not order online then Adli/Lidl should have them in soon, from memory they retail around the €20 mark in both shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

The halfords ones are junk. Like Makikomi said, wait for the Aldi one. Even though I remember it being €45 and not €20 but I could be wrong there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The halfords ones are junk. Like Makikomi said, wait for the Aldi one. Even thought I remember it being €45 and not €20 but I could be wrong there.

You might be correct, I only seen one in the bin for left over, end of line stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

The OP clearly says €15 in his post, not €60, he's not talking about the tripod workshop stands.
    They have a small stand that holds the back wheel off the ground at the seat stays for €12 and I reckon that's what he was looking at, someone else posted a picture of one the other day but I can't remember what thread for the life of me.

It would be fine for washing the bike and even routine maintenance OP but if you want to do "bigger" jobs like installing new cables, chainsets or dérailleurs it would be a little uncomfortable as you'd be bending down a lot.

Having the rear wheel raised means you can change gear to fine tune gearing as well as getting at the whole cassette and dérailleurs while washing.

Grand job for the price and would tide you over until the next Aldi/Lidl bike gear sale with the €30 maintenance stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

neris wrote: »

That's the one I was talking about. Lifts the wheel and allows you to turn the cranks which is pretty much all you need for tinkering and cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭willdill

thats the one neris seems like it may do the job what im looking for then.cheers guys

Advertisement