Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HELP

• 26-02-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Lad just got new iphone 5s, ported from Meteor to Three. However iphone is not activated meaning my old meteor phone is still getting my texts, viber and phone calls. Whats happening?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

How long since the port to new phone happened? Have you rebooted the new device. Porting a number can take up to 1 hour to complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

got it at 6, just turned it off and on there now but all my contacts are still not there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

DonFred wrote: »
    got it at 6, just turned it off and on there now but all my contacts are still not there.

Porting can take way longer than that, I've been caught in network limbo for 6-7 hours at least a few times. Your contacts will arrive on the new phone if you've backed them up to an account like Google. If you can connect the new phone to WiFi while you're waiting for the port, you should be able to set it up and get your contacts into it regardless of the sim status.

i have it all set up but didnt place any contact in it yet as guy in shop did that with my old and new sim. I got fed up its back in its box for the moment. Old meteor phone is getting all the messages still.

i have it all set up but didnt place any contact in it yet as guy in shop did that with my old and new sim. I got fed up its back in its box for the moment. Old meteor phone is getting all the messages still.

Ah, ok, I think I get your issue now. The only place your contacts exist is on the sim card, is that it? What kind of phone is it that is still working on meteor? It might be a good idea to copy the contacts from that sim onto a cloud based back up like your Google account anyway, just in case anything goes wrong with the sim or if you lose your phone at any stage.

• Advertisement

its a Nokia Lumia 820. I dont have any Google account - this is so fraustrating

its a Nokia Lumia 820. I dont have any Google account - this is so fraustrating

I'm not familiar with Windows phone. You could probably set up a back up to your outlook account and send your contacts to that, then sync them to the iPhone. But, by the time you do all that, the port may have happened. Frustrating, but at this point you're probably better off just waiting for the port.

Stupid question when the port happens will my nokia lumia just stopped receiving texts and calls etc??

Stupid question when the port happens will my nokia lumia just stopped receiving texts and calls etc??

Yes, and the signal bars will drop off to zero.

All sorted after 12 hours when it finally ported over. Thanks for all help lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement